Another "Does your bully do this?" thread!

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
We've had Abby a little over a week now. I guess you can say that I'm the main bad guy with her-just like with my kids.
I'm Momma, and it didn't take Abby long to figure that out either.

She stays in her x-pen for the most part unless we are playing outside. If she has to pee/poop she'll wait for me to walk by and then go to a sitting position and bark. Then she'll bark at the door to come back in. I've never had another dog catch on so fast to this.

If the kids are palying with her in her xpen or in the living room, Im always keeping a constant eye for bad behavior...from all parties :laugh: ..dog or kids

If she goes to bite/chew on the kids I give a loud and firm "No" and point my finger at her. LOL. She immediately stops..but after a few days she's gone to where she will stop, look at me, and sit down and bark at me.

Its not aggressive in any way....I guess its kinda like shes one of my kids and trying to talk back to me..or saying.."hey mom, all you ever do is get on to me! let is slide!" :laugh:

Now if she does something bad, whether in the house roaming or in the xpen- all I have to do is look at her with a stern face and she will bark. She wont make a peep to my kids or my husband if he gets on to her..in his low sweet voice. hahaha

I never knew bullies were so vocal.
Anyone elses do this too?

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
Also forgot to mention that I must not be all that hard*butt*, she follows me instead of the kids when we're in the yard and just melts in my arms when I hold her. :lmao:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I've heard puppies "mouth off" before so to speak. LOL I think it's just a phase, she's testing you to see what she can get away with!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She sounds very cute and some are more vocal than others and some don't make a peep. Sounds like she has a great little personality.

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Sarge is very vocal, when its time to eat or if he hears a noise he will bark, he will bark at anything, Gunny never was vocal, but sarge wines and barks alot!

traciehorne

Feb 2, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey, Otis and Diesel
All of mine have done that.... But my female does it most - even at 6 years old she always has to have the last word...:D

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH is fairly silent. She gives a quick short bark if a sound startles her and she just recently started barking a lot if the doorbell rings. Little miss watchdog....barks while she runs to her bed to hide.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.