My dogs neutered area, pink bump..

sbraggia7

Dec 29, 2011
Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Cyrus
Hey everyone, I just got back from my trip from Vegas and picked my pups up from the kennel. I just noticed this pink lump by my pups neuter incision and I was just wondering if any of you guys have had this problem or might be able to tell me what it is? Anything is helpful, thanks.

-Sammi & Cyrus

photo.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It looks like a small pustular and should be drained. call the vet, they will probably do it for free. They may have left a piece of suture in and it might be working it's way out. If you feel comfortable squeezing it out you may give it a try. Check to see if it's hot to the touch. That's your sign of something going on. infection.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus had something similar ...It wasnt that big and pink though..The vet said it was the sutures didnt dissolve fully and it went away on its own! This one looks like it could be infected..I would have the vet take a look at it...

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Tonka had a bump similar to this too--not quite as big/pink as this, though. Our vet said it was the knot from the sutures under the skin pushing through and that area can get irritated. I put neosporin on it since it kept scabbing over and coming off and would be raw there--and it went away with time. We had our vet take a look at it just in case, which he did free of charge since this was an outcome of the surgery. I would have it looked at just for peace of mind.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
could be allergic to the sutures, I just had a female that had to be opened up again and the inside sutures removed and a different kind of sutures pup back in

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.