Tail pocket

Sargesmom

Mar 7, 2012
Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Boy, Sarge and Splat (Lou Lou)
Ok so Im just curious as to how many times a day do you clean your bullys tail pocket...and what do you use to clean it ????:blush:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
We clean Uskos tail pocket about three times a week (sometimes less) and we use q-tips or ordinary wipes and stuff called Canofite, that is also for ears.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Number of times all depends on how deep the pocket it - Gizmo had a horribly deep tail pocket (we could go up to the 3rd knuckle) and everything we tried, we just could not keep it dry/infection free - we wiped it, dried it after every #2, still no luck - we had to go the extreme route with a tail amputation. Our Vet (Inserting Vet Plug ---- Now ---- Doctor Beste of Middletown Vet Hospital) FANTASTIC job - he is getting towards retirement, and doesnt like to do this surgery anymore, however, he saw the case, and knew we need some help - THANK YOU DOCTOR BESTE ! ! !) Gizmo is a totally different dog now - before she was always Grumpy and wouldnt let anyone near her tail (well it was SORE and we were making it worse :( poor baby) now she is happy and does the butt wiggles too!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I clean Gio's tail pocket once a day. We use the same wipes we use for his wrinkles, they're called trizCHLOR-4 wipes, we get them from our vet's office and they are also found on amazon! They work so great! I also wipe him with baby wipes after every number 2!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea has a deep, NARROW pocket. Lovely, I know. I try not to OVERwipe. I was doing her every single day - and I've rolled it back to 4 X a week. Hypoallergenic baby wipe with MalACetic applied to the wipe in Four Areas - the corners. And then I wipe in there four times, using a clean corner each time. 2X a week, I follow this up with a POOF of jock itch / athletes foot powder from a picnic ketchup bottle with the pointy tip. She's not a fan of the POOF of air that goes in there and quite frankly, acts like I might be lighting her *** on fire but it helps and so we do that.

Sometimes, the brown residue that comes out on the wipe is truly alarming to me.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well when sarah had bad yeast i was cleaning her pocket twice a day with at the time i was using baby wipes with tolnaftate cream, hyrdrocortisone cr and neosporin on them. i would also put some lotrimin powder in there after i cleaned to keep it dry and that helped alot. when i found the mal-a-ket wipes i would clean with those and then put the powder in there to keep it dry. now her pocket is better and i use mal-a-ket wipes maybe every other day or i will do it if she seems itchy there.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Bre has a little pocket, lucky for me it stays dry and doesn't get too dirty...about twice a week does it for her

OP
Sargesmom

Sargesmom

Mar 7, 2012
Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Boy, Sarge and Splat (Lou Lou)
Gunny didnt have this problem but Sarge does....I usually just clean it with baby wipes and then a spray of gold bond medicated powder...his is probably about 2 1/2 knuckles deep...I think Im keeping it pretty clean...I usually clean his before bedtime and he hears those baby wipes and he jumps right up where he is suppose to be and waits for it...he is a sweet heart....usually if he needs it before bedtime he does this little scooting dance and barks so then I know its bothering him so I clean it...I wuff him <3

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
With all the other issues Dublin has I am happy to "pass" on this one. Her tail is straight with a little spike on the end. Believe me she has enough going on to keep me busy with her :-) Always great advice on here and educational.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we use unscented baby wipes twice a day (after poopin) in the tail pocket. about once a week, we also get up there with some witchhazel and then we dry it and then we lube it up with some tattoo goo (really just thick vitamin E ointment). during the summer, it tends to stink after a week (especially with a walk or two in there). this once a week 'deep clean' really helps. :)

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
We use baby wipes on Silva usually once a day. She is our $2000 butt! She has had issues with anal glands and severe infections, she has had 2 minor surgeries! The Vet said its because of her tight corked screw tail! He has also recommended amputation but putting her under scares me so bad! We just try to keep it clean and monitor it! Stella on the other hand has a tail like a lab (but shorter) that sticks out so no worries there! lol

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Gracie has a tight corkscrew piggy tail, but it never seems to get dirty. Just her bath and occasional in between wiping with baby wipes is all she needs. I think we lucked out with her.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.