Update

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
My baby a Boston mix died at age 6 from a Very aggressive Leukemia. 2 months after she passed Aldo and Katara cane home. Just as @2BullyMama I still grieve for her and miss her everyday but I am glad I have my bulldogs. I am not betraying her by loving other dogs. She smiles at us from doggy heaven. I just know it!! I say get the puppy! :D

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I don't know that I can give any good advice as I am going through something similar with our loss of Aubrey; however, we knew we'd want another bully eventually. They are going to honor her warranty even though it is not certain that it was congenital, so we should be getting a puppy in the next week or so. I am completely back and forth with my emotions. Like you, the house is so empty without her and I still get upset thinking about her. Heck, I cried when I watered her garden and saw her stepping stone yesterday. On the other hand, I want something to help fill the void. A new puppy would never take her place, just like a new puppy wouldn't take Lola's place in your heart. I know that I will at first compare everything about it with Aubrey, but I want to give it the long, healthy life Aubrey didn't get to have, you know?

Getting a new pup is not going to solve your grief, but it may help you remember the happy times with Lola. Nothing can bring our girls back, but we can honor them by wanting another bully because we loved them so much, honor them by giving a bully the life we wanted for them. Honestly, I know that at times it will make it harder having another puppy around, but we can't close our hearts off from another bully baby that deserves the great love we have to give. If anything, this is a lesson to never take them for granted and love them with all we have no matter how much it hurts when they leave us, whether too soon or after a good, long life.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Well said "Audreysmom"! A person or pet can never be replaced in ones lives, but our hearts are big enough to love more than we ever thought. I believe that everything happens for reasons we cannot understand or explain, especially at the time we are experiencing the event. Sometimes we can look back and see reasoning and sometimes we never fully understand but must just accept it as meant to be. The new bully that is coming into your life my need you more than you know or vice versa. Open your heart and accept it as "meant to be" You will see that you can love the new pup and still love Lola, too! Although your heart aches, I truly do believe "it is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Dalia55

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Lasagna Lopez, Maximus Meatball Meridius
Thanks so much guys your comments have been so helpful. I have officially accepted the new bulldog offer. :heart: Lola will have a brother soon.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks so much guys your comments have been so helpful. I have officially accepted the new bulldog offer. :heart: Lola will have a brother soon.

What fantastic news.... Lola will be so happy for you! Can't wait to see pictures and have you selected a name yet?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
i think the fact that your are even considering it says lots. says that you maybe more ready than you think. id say go for it.

Exactly my thoughts. You sound already ready to love another. I would. ;) hug!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions