Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunny Boy, Sarge and Splat (Lou Lou)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Update

You do have to follow your heart but Im sooo glad we got Sarge when we did....I miss our Gunny so much but I know he is looking down at us saying thanks for caring for a bully that needed yall...a good home and lots of love...there is always going to be a place in our heart for Gunny that no other bully can replace but there is still enough room in out hearts for some more bully love <3...when you are ready you will know and it will be heart lifting to you...hope this helps a bit and Im so sorry for the lose of Lola...my heart goes out to you and my prayers are with you <3

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

What does your gut say? Follow your own intuition. You will know when it's right.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

I have a friend who will get a puppy immediately after losing one, she does it every time, even knowing she has 3 other Cocker Spaniels at home. She will always have 4 dogs....It helps her get over the loss, but she will still miss them like crazy.

Terri on the other hand will make me wait. She will go years between dogs. I know if anything happens to one of ours right now, I would need to wait.

It is a very personal decision and no right or wrong answer.

Always with me

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I say get the new puppy, it will help you heal from the passing of Lola quicker

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

My baby a Boston mix died at age 6 from a Very aggressive Leukemia. 2 months after she passed Aldo and Katara cane home. Just as @2BullyMama I still grieve for her and miss her everyday but I am glad I have my bulldogs. I am not betraying her by loving other dogs. She smiles at us from doggy heaven. I just know it!! I say get the puppy!

Eagerly and Nervously awaiting the homecoming of Bruno Cannoli

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

I don't know that I can give any good advice as I am going through something similar with our loss of Aubrey; however, we knew we'd want another bully eventually. They are going to honor her warranty even though it is not certain that it was congenital, so we should be getting a puppy in the next week or so. I am completely back and forth with my emotions. Like you, the house is so empty without her and I still get upset thinking about her. Heck, I cried when I watered her garden and saw her stepping stone yesterday. On the other hand, I want something to help fill the void. A new puppy would never take her place, just like a new puppy wouldn't take Lola's place in your heart. I know that I will at first compare everything about it with Aubrey, but I want to give it the long, healthy life Aubrey didn't get to have, you know?

Getting a new pup is not going to solve your grief, but it may help you remember the happy times with Lola. Nothing can bring our girls back, but we can honor them by wanting another bully because we loved them so much, honor them by giving a bully the life we wanted for them. Honestly, I know that at times it will make it harder having another puppy around, but we can't close our hearts off from another bully baby that deserves the great love we have to give. If anything, this is a lesson to never take them for granted and love them with all we have no matter how much it hurts when they leave us, whether too soon or after a good, long life.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

This is a tough decision, I hope you can find peace and make the decision that is right for you!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Well said "Audreysmom"! A person or pet can never be replaced in ones lives, but our hearts are big enough to love more than we ever thought. I believe that everything happens for reasons we cannot understand or explain, especially at the time we are experiencing the event. Sometimes we can look back and see reasoning and sometimes we never fully understand but must just accept it as meant to be. The new bully that is coming into your life my need you more than you know or vice versa. Open your heart and accept it as "meant to be" You will see that you can love the new pup and still love Lola, too! Although your heart aches, I truly do believe "it is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola Lasagna Lopez, Maximus Meatball Meridius
    Likes (Received)

Thanks so much guys your comments have been so helpful. I have officially accepted the new bulldog offer. Lola will have a brother soon.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalia55 View Post
    Thanks so much guys your comments have been so helpful. I have officially accepted the new bulldog offer. Lola will have a brother soon.

Awesome news! Can't wait to meet him. You have a big enough heart for lots of Bully Love...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

beautifully said @AubreysMom and @Dalia55 can't wait to see the new baby!!!

Eagerly and Nervously awaiting the homecoming of Bruno Cannoli

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalia55 View Post

What fantastic news.... Lola will be so happy for you! Can't wait to see pictures and have you selected a name yet?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads