Note to self, put things on a counter out of Herschel's reach

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
So, I decided to make myself a fried bologna and cheese sandwich last night. Fake bologna since I have been meat free for over a year now. I take the top off the margarine, undo the bologna package and of course the phone rings. I run to the living room and not thinking, I set the small tub of margarine and the fake bologna on my little kitchen stand. I get talking to my mom, forgetting all about eating, and I hang up. I have ADD and I starting cleaning up cat toys, dog toys and things and in comes Herschel.

He is panting and acting odd... so of course I get worried. I feel him and he seems a bit warm but he is acting like he might need to go so I take him outside. He did his business and came back in. As soon as we got back in... I hear a toot... make that a roar come out of his backside. It was so loud he even jumped. I took him back out. He was still panting but no action. We come back in and he runs for his water dish in the kitchen and drinks... all of it!

That's when I see it... the WHOLE tub of margarine is gone, as is my bologna. The WHOLE package. UGH! Granted, the tub of margarine was a small one.

He felt horrible all night, but I think the margarine greased up his insides and most of it is gone now. Something certainly did NOT agree with him. Maybe the vegetable protein bologna?

Don't worry, he is ok now. Playing and being normal but I still hear his tummy gurgling from time to time. Poor baby!

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
hahahaha poor guy. when i lived with my parents, there schnauzer use to do stuff like that to me all the time. I left a chicken sandwich at the very back of the counter, went to the bathroom come back and hes licking his lips. He has eaten the sandwich and left the lettuce and tomato on the floor neatly.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
My parents German Shepard ate a whole prime rib that my Dad had taken out of the oven to rest before slicing. It was a meatless New Years dinner for the rest of us!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad he is feeling better.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Oh one of the Power Toots eh? LOL Love the story :) :):p:biglaugh:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
awww poor Herschel so glad he's feeling better.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
That's funny.............. hahha I know he didn't learn a thing from it.:ROFL:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Glad he didnt get sick! But I agree ... Doubt he learned is lesson :tease:

He was probably like oooo look at what mom left for me :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
hahahahahaha What a tale! I'm glad it didn't make him super sick. Some of the things these dogs eat/chew/destroy.... it's amazing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG,,, they are smart and quick. So, how are the :poo: today?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Even thinking about eating margarine gives me a belly ache. poor Hershel. Lucky for you that you didn't have to change his name to Mr. Hershey Squirt. :poo:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.