Where can I find this?

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
We're in the process of building a new house right in front of our double wide-so our front fence had to be taken down. I have a porch/patio that is enclosed and around 5 every morning I've been letting Abby go out there and stay out until about 7 before it gets too hot.

It worked great for the first day or two...I'd just wash it off with the hose every morning. But now the flies are catching on and I cant have them lurking around my front door.:nonono:

I have a kennel thats about 3x6 that would work for this....but I dont want it sitting directly on the grass....I think the fly problem would still be an issue. I want some sort of bottom, and concrete isnt an option right now until our new house is built.

Does anyone have a bottom for theirs or know where I can get one reasonably priced?
I dont want to go all out for something she just uses for 2 hours a day.
Thanks! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
maybe rubber mats?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Why not straight on the grass? But if that's not an option the the rubber mats may work.

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
I was wanting at least half of it on something other than grass. I think with a bottom of some kind it would be easier to clean and keep bugs away. We've got a terrible fly problem here! I'm battling it right now with the horses and chickens. She'll poo 2-3 times during that 2 hour period and even with the hose you really cant get poo off grass. The flies just dont give up.

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] :rolleyes: Dur! I have these for the barn. One will fit perfectly....why couldnt I think of that?
Now I just have to steal one from the horses.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
If the mats don't work you could try some big paving stones. They are super easy to line up and that would give you half pavement and half grass.

I love your avatar by the way...Abby has such a sweet face

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I was wanting at least half of it on something other than grass. I think with a bottom of some kind it would be easier to clean and keep bugs away. We've got a terrible fly problem here! I'm battling it right now with the horses and chickens. She'll poo 2-3 times during that 2 hour period and even with the hose you really cant get poo off grass. The flies just dont give up.

@2BullyMama :rolleyes: Dur! I have these for the barn. One will fit perfectly....why couldnt I think of that?
Now I just have to steal one from the horses.

LOL... sometimes the most obvious things are hard to see

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=4740]Totoro[/MENTION] : Bulldogs AND HORSES? You are living my dream life. :heart:

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] Just minis for us until the kids get older. I was hoping they'd take an interest in these and we could get "real" horses when they get older, but so far no interest at all :begging:

Im trying to find a pregnant mini so the kids can raise the baby..maybe that might spark something in them....

Ok, I just really want one for myself..... :ROFL:

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
[MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] Thank you :) It's strange how I know everyone by their avatar..and not even their usernames. I had to double check your name just now. :ROFL:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] Thank you :) It's strange how I know everyone by their avatar..and not even their usernames. I had to double check your name just now. :ROFL:

Wait until they change the avatar, that really messes you up! Lol

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] Already happened to me once!
:yes:
Shame on you [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] ! :nonono:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] Just minis for us until the kids get older. I was hoping they'd take an interest in these and we could get "real" horses when they get older, but so far no interest at all :begging:

Im trying to find a pregnant mini so the kids can raise the baby..maybe that might spark something in them....

Ok, I just really want one for myself..... :ROFL:

I'm so animal crazy that I can't even imagine NOT being so. But you are right; some folks are into it --- and some folks just aren't. (I don't understand those people)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.