The Sun-Bathing Bullie...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
As I'm sat here in Ohio looking at the temperature that's registering for my deck right now ... it's reading 91.9f in the shade with high humidity. And yet my bulldog (who is not supposed to get too hot, especially as her trachea is apparently the size of a pencil!) is insisting on going out and sunbathing belly up!! :eek:

Maggie is very good at tricking us into thinking that she needs to go out for a "call of nature" .. then rushes over to the sunniest spot she can find and flips herself over. I then get the evil eye when I make her come back in :mad:

Anybody else have a sun-loving bullie!! :heart:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Ha ha Samson is the SAME way. Goes by the door like he has to potty just to run out into the sun and lay out. He does this no matter how hot it is. Lately is has been WAY too hot for that and I get the stink eye when I make him come in too :)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Oh yeah! All of my bullies are sun worshippers! Not good in Arizona - unless it's December. :)

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
.... caught in the act!!:p

Attachments

• camera 048.jpg
    camera 048.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 124

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Sunbathing is actually my two dogs morning routine. We go out for the first time between seven and eight and usually stay outside for about an hour. Even when its 90 degrees outside they still want to lay in the sun. I figure if the air is on, and she's not panting that she might as well enjoy her morning hehehe.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Here too. Norm even has the step holding his leg up:

Attachments

• chicago bears 023.jpg
    chicago bears 023.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 117

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
LOL..oh Yes.. Chester loves to lay in the sun.. tongue hanging out by a mile and SO difficult to get him back in the house. I know the neighbors must be laughing at me as I yell at him and he looks at me like I have 5 eyeballs or worse IGNORES ME! :mad:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh yes, they all do it every morning. Not so much in the middle of day at this time of year, but in the fall and winter they will I am sure!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas and O love the sun also...but we sometimes go weeks without seeing it here. Today, for example...rain! Last week? Hot! I bought the cool collars for the pups...and I put them around their necks if they go out for any amount of time. Orion LOVES the hot cement. Vegas has a corner at the end of the yard he likes. Unfortunately, he tends to sit on the railroad ties, and ends up with black racing strips down his leg and butt.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Absolutely! In fact last week when we were having the heat wave and high humidity from the monsoons there was Cuty out in the backyard at 1 in the afternoon, sunbathing. Got busted and had to come in but he gave it a try. Crazy kids!

danangel14

Jun 4, 2010
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dempsey
Dempsey loves to do that to my son right before David has to leave for work. David let him out 'cos he's whining at the patio door, and as soon as Dempsey gets out there he hops onto the patio loveseat and lays down. Won't go in until David gives him a piece of cheese. >.< hehehe

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Dempsey loves to do that to my son right before David has to leave for work. David let him out 'cos he's whining at the patio door, and as soon as Dempsey gets out there he hops onto the patio loveseat and lays down. Won't go in until David gives him a piece of cheese. >.< hehehe

I'm thinking that Dempsey has got David trained just right!! hehehe ;)

litlsuga007

Aug 7, 2010
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
LuLu
In southern Florida and my LuLu and foster Holly...do this all the time. I constantly throw ice cubes out to them and watch their breathing... I usually have to go get them by the collar (while them giving me the stink eye) and drag them inside. I think their brains got cooked or something.

030.jpg
029.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.