Would you buy this?

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
Abby and the kids love playing outside. We spend alot of time outdoors around our horses and chickens. We're jsut really outdoorsy and want Abby to be as comfortable as possible. There is a kiddy pool back there that the kids play in, but Abby really doesn't want anything to do with it, and there isnt much shade back there.

I had this idea of getting her a cooling mat just for outside for this very purpose..and some sort of crate for shade..but needed something very portable for when we travel or do other outdoor activities.

After looking around I came across this

http://www.k9koolee.com/cgi-bin/shop/Home.html

It is waaay more than I was wanting to spend. BUT it looks like it would come in handy just about anywhere we wanted to take her, and very portable. A plus is that its the shade and the mat in one unit..not me dragging a crate around and a mat everytime we go to the barn.
I just love the shade on it.

Ok, I really want one. :ROFL:
Does anyone have one, or have you guys ever seen these before?

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
If I was highly active outdoors then perhaps but I can't stand the heat so we stay indoors. If my babies go out it's just for short periods and to take care of business.
If you do get it I'd love to see a pic of Little Abby in it. :D

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Yesss, we camp often in high desert parks ( Joshua tree, etc). Any outdoor trip is a dance if you bring any dog, especially a bully. We just came back from camping in Utah, and I opted to board Lupe because I wasn't comfortable with the temps....

My only worry would be that having this type of cooling situation would make people feel "safe" in outdoor situations that are not really safe..... That said, us Humans could have totally used this on our last trip No shade in Arches National Park campground! (but a stunning place).

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
For camping etc, I would say that I would go for it, I dont know if you noticed 50% off sale, so the big one would be $100.00 instead of $198.00 or whatever.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Love the cool collar, may order one of those.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
On the hottest of days, even when there's gloriously cool and shady grass to lounge on and a pool to splash in, Bo will sit directly in the sun --- and pant. And pant. When I try to MAKE HIM sit in the shade, he will quickly return to the sun. A few of these episodes and he's sent into the house where it's cool.

I'm guessing he wouldn't be smart enough to sit on a cool mat if I had one.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
On the hottest of days, even when there's gloriously cool and shady grass to lounge on and a pool to splash in, Bo will sit directly in the sun --- and pant. And pant. When I try to MAKE HIM sit in the shade, he will quickly return to the sun. A few of these episodes and he's sent into the house where it's cool.

I'm guessing he wouldn't be smart enough to sit on a cool mat if I had one.

I'm thinking Bo would sit in the sun and stare at it... :laugh:

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
[MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] Ah! You got me! I just saw the sale....got the large ordered! Hooray! I'll let everyone know how she likes it when it comes in.

I was thinking of buying a kool collar as well, but Ive seen some made by another company that's a harness...so im not sure which one Im going to get. The harness can be heated or cooled...but I dont think you can put actual ice in it like the kool collar.
I like the vest too but Im scared of it weighing them down..not sure about that.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I love the idea as I live in Florida, but with Dublin I'm not sure I could get her to think it was "hers" and use it. I have that cooling vest that was designed for the combat troops ( not cheap) Again , the idea is great but she spends the whole time trying to get it off LOL....Rolling in the grass, or brushing up against anything she can. People were looking at us if we were punishing her :-) Very embarrasing....

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
Dubbiedog - that was my fear with the vest. Hoping this works.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.