Should we? Would you? ugggg...@!*%$!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Well that is a hard decision there, one that will need some thought. If you have the money and the want for another pup, then this may be the answer. I think the breeder is trying to help out and that is great, but it's up to you if you want two bullies. Molly will need a lot of your attention when she gets worse and playing with the pup could cause her more pain. It is hard to keep them quiet when there is a play mate close by. I also would not take the pup and then if it does not work out, just give it away, especially to someone who could not afford to buy one, because if they can not afford to buy one, they can not afford to take proper care of it with the vet bills and such. This is just my two cents worth. I'm sure you will make the right decision that is right for you.

I agree!

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Katara is having issues with her knee too and her breeder didn't offer a new puppy.. come on Breeder, offer me a puppy too!!
I am too weak, I would take up on that offer in an instant... maybe that's why my breeder didn't offer it to me right?
I know you will make the right decision for your family and Molly too...

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
For all you know right now, Molly might not get any worse. From what I gather, surgery is only recommended when the arthritis sets in. If you keep her trim and exercise her arthritis might never set in. If it does, it does but I try to cross bridges when I get to them.

I would grab that puppy before she changes her mind and the very next day sign up for the insurance with the options pack.

Which insurance and what options pack? seeing that we are picking up a special bully, I dont know what they would or wouldnt cover - PM me if you want

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Which insurance and what options pack? seeing that we are picking up a special bully, I dont know what they would or wouldnt cover - PM me if you want

There are several threads around about pet insurance. Everyone has a different opinion on which one is best. But I think most agree to stay away from VPI :)

Abby has Trupanion with what they call "the optional benefits package". I pay my 50.00 co-pay and for office visits. They pay 90% of the balance. The optional benefits package includes hip dysplasia, acupuncture, physical therapy, hydro therapy, behavioral modification, training or therapy and FELINE kidney transplants :cursing: It costs me 55.00 a month and they have never denied a claim. I usually get my checks 2 weeks after I submit my bills.

If you decide to go with them, make sure you select BULLDOG as the breed type. It seems to be cheaper than if you choose English Bulldog even tho the descriptions are identical. Although, I don't know what you'd choose for sex :confused:

edit... forgot to answer your other question
It won't cover anything diagnosed prior to your signing up. But once the extra parts are taken out, I can't imagine what other problems could be caused by being born confused.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.