Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should we? Would you? ugggg...@!*%$!

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Should we? Would you? ugggg...@!*%$!

I would definitely take her up on the offer! Molly will have a little sibling to play with who has the same amount of energy as her! I agree with at @Danielle, I think it's a meant to be situation as well!!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

For all you know right now, Molly might not get any worse. From what I gather, surgery is only recommended when the arthritis sets in. If you keep her trim and exercise her arthritis might never set in. If it does, it does but I try to cross bridges when I get to them.

I would grab that puppy before she changes her mind and the very next day sign up for the insurance with the options pack.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Well that is a hard decision there, one that will need some thought. If you have the money and the want for another pup, then this may be the answer. I think the breeder is trying to help out and that is great, but it's up to you if you want two bullies. Molly will need a lot of your attention when she gets worse and playing with the pup could cause her more pain. It is hard to keep them quiet when there is a play mate close by. I also would not take the pup and then if it does not work out, just give it away, especially to someone who could not afford to buy one, because if they can not afford to buy one, they can not afford to take proper care of it with the vet bills and such. This is just my two cents worth. I'm sure you will make the right decision that is right for you.
    I couldn't have said it any better than that! Let us know what you decide!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Agree with @Davidh
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Well that is a hard decision there, one that will need some thought. If you have the money and the want for another pup, then this may be the answer. I think the breeder is trying to help out and that is great, but it's up to you if you want two bullies. Molly will need a lot of your attention when she gets worse and playing with the pup could cause her more pain. It is hard to keep them quiet when there is a play mate close by. I also would not take the pup and then if it does not work out, just give it away, especially to someone who could not afford to buy one, because if they can not afford to buy one, they can not afford to take proper care of it with the vet bills and such. This is just my two cents worth. I'm sure you will make the right decision that is right for you.
    I agree!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

Katara is having issues with her knee too and her breeder didn't offer a new puppy.. come on Breeder, offer me a puppy too!!
    I am too weak, I would take up on that offer in an instant... maybe that's why my breeder didn't offer it to me right?
    I know you will make the right decision for your family and Molly too...

Eagerly and Nervously awaiting the homecoming of Bruno Cannoli

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    For all you know right now, Molly might not get any worse. From what I gather, surgery is only recommended when the arthritis sets in. If you keep her trim and exercise her arthritis might never set in. If it does, it does but I try to cross bridges when I get to them.

I would grab that puppy before she changes her mind and the very next day sign up for the insurance with the options pack.
    Which insurance and what options pack? seeing that we are picking up a special bully, I dont know what they would or wouldnt cover - PM me if you want

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RaRett View Post
    Which insurance and what options pack? seeing that we are picking up a special bully, I dont know what they would or wouldnt cover - PM me if you want

There are several threads around about pet insurance. Everyone has a different opinion on which one is best. But I think most agree to stay away from VPI

Abby has Trupanion with what they call "the optional benefits package". I pay my 50.00 co-pay and for office visits. They pay 90% of the balance. The optional benefits package includes hip dysplasia, acupuncture, physical therapy, hydro therapy, behavioral modification, training or therapy and FELINE kidney transplants It costs me 55.00 a month and they have never denied a claim. I usually get my checks 2 weeks after I submit my bills.

If you decide to go with them, make sure you select BULLDOG as the breed type. It seems to be cheaper than if you choose English Bulldog even tho the descriptions are identical. Although, I don't know what you'd choose for sex

edit... forgot to answer your other question
    It won't cover anything diagnosed prior to your signing up. But once the extra parts are taken out, I can't imagine what other problems could be caused by being born confused.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads