My hemi and the outside!

Am3gross

May 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Hemi
She just loves it outside, and at 14 weeks I guess that is good, helps with the potty training. But it worries me because I don't want her to think she is cramped up in the house when it starts getting hotter outside. Should I limit her time outside now so she does not get use to being outside or should I just let her enjoy herself while she can?

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I let my bullies stay out in the cooler weather as long as they want! Usually early morning and late evening is the best! I try to keep them in the shade and always have water near by! When it gets really hot we limit it to bathroom duties and swimming!!

OP
A

Am3gross

May 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Hemi
Yeah I want her to be outside as much as she wants I just don't want her to get use to the fact that she is out there. The heat really bothers me because I don't want anything to happen to her, I will let her have her time early in the morning and in the cooler evenings. Thanks for the reply!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I found that the younger they are, the dumber they are, (not really dumb- just stubborn) as far as temperature goes, they don't want to go lay in the shade or stay in the air conditioner, so yes, I make mine stay in the house on hot days, potty breaks only, or if they don't get out of the sun. I do make it inviting for them to go to the shade with coolaroo beds and water. But sometimes they just don't "get it". The older ones however are very smart on this.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I would let her enjoy the nice weather now while you still have it. That's what I am doing. I let them hang in the yard as long as they want, but they usually end up following me if I go back inside, then I take them on a nice long walk right after dinner. But yes definitely let her enjoy being outside now!

Last edited:

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Let her enjoy it now since it will be too hot pretty soon. You can always take her out for short spurts later in the day or first thing in the morning when it gets warmer if she wants some outside time.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yeah I want her to be outside as much as she wants I just don't want her to get use to the fact that she is out there. The heat really bothers me because I don't want anything to happen to her, I will let her have her time early in the morning and in the cooler evenings. Thanks for the reply!

This is what I do as well.... Banks would stay out there ALL day so we only let her out for small amounts of time

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I leave my sliding glass door open in the early evening so they can come and go as they please. Can't trust BabyGirl in the hot sun because she loves to lie down outside no matter how hot the concrete is and Wilson is much wiser and looks for the shade. They still prefer to be indoors most of the time though.

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
With ours if we play with her enough outside in the morning, she'll sleep most of her time inside. Then when its getting close to sundown shes ready to go again. I think she'll be fine once you have to keep her in more...I agree to let her enjoy it now.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.