Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have any experience with Hermaphrodite bullies? (Both sexes rolled into 1)

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Does anyone have any experience with Hermaphrodite bullies? (Both sexes rolled into 1)

The lady that we delivered Lily too (our 1st bully rescue) was telling us about a puppy that is available, that is a Hermaphrodite (Portions of both sex organs).

Does anyone have any experience in this? what is the worst case scenario ? we definitely aren't in any shape to drop a load of cash on anything crazy like 'reconstructive' surgery.

The wife hears 'Puppy' and her eyes glaze over - HELP !

Any input is appreciated

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Never heard of it, can you call your vet to find out possible outcomes?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does anyone have any experience with Hermaphrodite bullies? (Both sexes rolled into 1)

I've heard of it. You can search this in the internet. Surgery is not needed if you dont mind him/her having them both and why would you?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does anyone have any experience with Hermaphrodite bullies? (Both sexes rolled into 1)

Well when they Spay/Neuter him they'll remove the testicle, and any female organs - I'm worried about urination or any complications that way. I will be calling the vet this morning, and see what he suggests - if he says 'Oh all will be ok,' then I guess we are getting a puppy 'if he says lots of complications and surgeries', then we wont be (Just can't afford those special vet bills that are above and beyond normal bully bills - and lord knows 'normal bully vet bills' are way above just 'normal vet bills' LOL anyone else have suggestions or experiences by all mean chime in.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Never heard of such a thing...I suppose it's quite rare. Be sure and update. I'm curious what your vet says.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RaRett View Post
    Well when they Spay/Neuter him they'll remove the testicle, and any female organs - I'm worried about urination or any complications that way. I will be calling the vet this morning, and see what he suggests - if he says 'Oh all will be ok,' then I guess we are getting a puppy 'if he says lots of complications and surgeries', then we wont be (Just can't afford those special vet bills that are above and beyond normal bully bills - and lord knows 'normal bully vet bills' are way above just 'normal vet bills' LOL anyone else have suggestions or experiences by all mean chime in.

If you do get the little pup, which I'm sure you will, you might want to consider pet insurance? just a thought
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I spoke to one of the Vets we go to (not our vet, but one of his associates) there will be a little more work on their end for the spay/neuter - but other than that - there shouldnt be an additional issues (Nothing like reconstructive surgery or craziness like that) - now.. how will Gizmo react? hummmmmmm

Rick

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Soooo does that mean you are getting the pup?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
    Likes (Received)

This reminds me of my youngest son (10) who walked past a lady at nordstrom's the other day.. leaned over to his friend and went "hubba-hubba". The 'lady' turned around and with a baritone voice (adams apple and all..) and said 'thanks dude'.

That's the day my wife had to explain some of the things they don't cover in 4th grade maturation class.

But come on.. after everything gets snipped all dogs are the same!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Soooo does that mean you are getting the pup?
    Not 100% yet - but I'd probably lay some money on that we are. LOL Unless the wife decides to change her mind - cause it will be her dog, since 'Gizmo' was to be her dog, and she's definately a daddy's girl! LOL

Real Name
    Cindy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Breezi, LAYLA& PANDA, Hammer, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
    Likes (Received)

I had an english cocker pup several years back that was a pseudo hermaphrodite she actually had one ovary and one testicle, and had a penis inside her vagina which caused constant bladder infections she had every thing removed at 6months and only left with a vagina, then she was fine.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

OK I am going to ask a stupid question. How do you know they are Hermaphrodite's until they go to get fixed?? @RaRett, @goobers mom??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads