Does anyone have any experience with Hermaphrodite bullies? (Both sexes rolled into 1)

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
My pup was having constant bladder inf. and constantly dribbling after 4 months of antibiotics the vet wanted to do exploratory surgery on her and when he was examining her vagina area and he pulled her vulva apart out popped a penis, when left alone it would go back inside alittle and that was keeping her open enough for her to dribble and get bacteria up there. Didnt know about the one ovary and the one testicle until she actually had surgery. I always said if I would have left her like that she could breed her own self and carry and deliver her own pups. you have to remember this was 30 yrs ago and the equipment for the vets have changed for diagnostics now.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My pup was having constant bladder inf. and constantly dribbling after 4 months of antibiotics the vet wanted to do exploratory surgery on her and when he was examining her vagina area and he pulled her vulva apart out popped a penis, when left alone it would go back inside alittle and that was keeping her open enough for her to dribble and get bacteria up there. Didnt know about the one ovary and the one testicle until she actually had surgery. I always said if I would have left her like that she could breed her own self and carry and deliver her own pups. you have to remember this was 30 yrs ago and the equipment for the vets have changed for diagnostics now.

Wow that would have been completely crazy if it did happen! Although I am sure you would have thought a neighborhood dog got her or something. I bet it actually may have -- luckily it never did. Reminds me of a Dean Koontz book I read as a teenager, I forget what it was called. From what I can remember, it did happen but I guess I have gotten too old now to remember what else happened in the book. I do remember it was a very wild read.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
No she had surgery to fix everything and make her a little girl for her 6month birthday, then since I couldnt show her I adopted her out to a millionaire in Key West and she lived on a Yacht with them and traveled all over the world until she fell off the yacht and drowned at 12yrs of age

Last edited:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Still 12 years on a yacht with a millionaire sounds like a complete life to me. But you'd think he could afford a doggie life jacket.:ashamed:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I remember waking up from an emergency c-section to the lady in the recovery room bed next to me talking to her doctor. She asked him "so what did I have? a boy or a girl?" and he said "we can't tell yet" :eek:

I guess if it happens to people it can happen to animals.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Well... it seems the wife wont take No for an answer...so it looks like Gizmo is gonna be one P.O.'d Older Sister! :) oh joy.. house breaking, crate training, the sleepless night. heck with that! I'm gonna find me a JOB and fast! LOL :) (All kidding aside, it looks like we'll be bringing the little one into the house this weekend)

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Everything is set up. Friday @ 1pm Oh Gizmo is gonna be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Pissed at me -

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is wonderful! But where's the pics?????!!!!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
That's great news! I am sure Gizmo will love to be an older sister! You'll be surprised to see how fast they become close friends!

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
How exciting:jumping: a new pup! Pics pics pics....

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Aww congrats! Can't wait to see pics. Interested to see how things go as the pup grows up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Aww Rick Congrats to you guys. She will have a great life with you...Giz should adjust.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.