Does anyone have any experience with Hermaphrodite bullies? (Both sexes rolled into 1)

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
The lady that we delivered Lily too (our 1st bully rescue) was telling us about a puppy that is available, that is a Hermaphrodite (Portions of both sex organs).

Does anyone have any experience in this? what is the worst case scenario ? we definitely aren't in any shape to drop a load of cash on anything crazy like 'reconstructive' surgery.

The wife hears 'Puppy' and her eyes glaze over - HELP ! :)

Any input is appreciated :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Never heard of it, can you call your vet to find out possible outcomes?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I've heard of it. You can search this in the internet. Surgery is not needed if you dont mind him/her having them both and why would you?

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well when they Spay/Neuter him they'll remove the testicle, and any female organs - I'm worried about urination or any complications that way. I will be calling the vet this morning, and see what he suggests - if he says 'Oh all will be ok,' then I guess we are getting a puppy 'if he says lots of complications and surgeries', then we wont be (Just can't afford those special vet bills that are above and beyond normal bully bills - and lord knows 'normal bully vet bills' are way above just 'normal vet bills' :) LOL anyone else have suggestions or experiences by all mean chime in. :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Never heard of such a thing...I suppose it's quite rare. Be sure and update. I'm curious what your vet says.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Well when they Spay/Neuter him they'll remove the testicle, and any female organs - I'm worried about urination or any complications that way. I will be calling the vet this morning, and see what he suggests - if he says 'Oh all will be ok,' then I guess we are getting a puppy 'if he says lots of complications and surgeries', then we wont be (Just can't afford those special vet bills that are above and beyond normal bully bills - and lord knows 'normal bully vet bills' are way above just 'normal vet bills' :) LOL anyone else have suggestions or experiences by all mean chime in. :)

If you do get the little pup, which I'm sure you will, you might want to consider pet insurance? just a thought

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I spoke to one of the Vets we go to (not our vet, but one of his associates) there will be a little more work on their end for the spay/neuter - but other than that - there shouldnt be an additional issues (Nothing like reconstructive surgery or craziness like that) - now.. how will Gizmo react? hummmmmmm

Rick

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Soooo does that mean you are getting the pup? :yes:

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
This reminds me of my youngest son (10) who walked past a lady at nordstrom's the other day.. leaned over to his friend and went "hubba-hubba". The 'lady' turned around and with a baritone voice (adams apple and all..) and said 'thanks dude'.

That's the day my wife had to explain some of the things they don't cover in 4th grade maturation class. :ROFL:

But come on.. after everything gets snipped all dogs are the same! :D

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Soooo does that mean you are getting the pup? :yes:

Not 100% yet - but I'd probably lay some money on that we are. LOL Unless the wife decides to change her mind - cause it will be her dog, since 'Gizmo' was to be her dog, and she's definately a daddy's girl! LOL

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
I had an english cocker pup several years back that was a pseudo hermaphrodite she actually had one ovary and one testicle, and had a penis inside her vagina which caused constant bladder infections she had every thing removed at 6months and only left with a vagina, then she was fine.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
OK I am going to ask a stupid question. How do you know they are Hermaphrodite's until they go to get fixed?? [MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION], [MENTION=1950]goobers mom[/MENTION]??

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
id like to know that also..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
There was a Pug puppy that attended daycare where I used to work.... they only issue was when it was time to neuter/spay - the vet asked the owner which parts to keep and she went with the 'girlie' parts as far as I know there were no other health issues and she was a very normal Pug

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've yet to see the pup myself - but it has been to the Vet, and this was its diagnoses - :confused: I guess you all will get more details when I do :detective: hee hee

Rick

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.