Potty Pad Problems

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
So I am having problems here all of a sudden..... My three LOL " little Angels" have decided they don't want to use the potty pad.... as they are sure it was put in there for them to rip to shreds..... I have put it down by it self and I have tried to put it in a holder.... no matter just more fun to rip up!!!! the pads don't last 5 minutes. I have tried spanking their bottoms....the squirt bottle and the rocks.... no matter as soon as I turn my back they are at it again. I need helppppppppppppp. Any suggestions. :bully:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I have this same problem with Truman when he goes in his crate at night or for an extended period of time - I line it with a puppy pad in case of an accident that typically ended up shredded in a corner.

Why they do not make them with adhesive on the back, I will never understand but I bought a cheap pack of panty liners and stuck the puppy pad to the bottom of the crate (or floor) with the panty liners, with a strip of packing tape on the bottom for a little extra adhesion. The panty liners are as absorbent as the pad and hold it in place nicely.

I know it sounds odd but it really works - Truman stopped trying to dig his up!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I used a puppy litter box and it worked excellent. Good suggestion from Jillh10, I also had someone say they strap it down along the edges with tape!

krachet1634

Sep 13, 2010
My little Optimus shreds his pee pads like crazy and he has a tendency of eating some of it. which isnt too pretty when i take him out to poop. not found of having to pull them out if you know what i mean....

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
That stinks...and what a mess. Wish I could help. I am using a liter box with Brodie and Lola fully trained. Hopefully the liter box will work, we have not had to leave him by himself yet so don't know...will find out tomorrow! Good luck!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I don't use potty pads. Aren't they "scented" so they encourage them to go on them? I always use an old towel or small rug. Yeah, it has to be washed a lot when they're little, but they can't tear it up or eat it.

[MENTION=1505]2bulliefamily[/MENTION]: So is Brodie the new baby's name? I was off here a couple days and missed his arrival. I LOVE Brodie. My identical twin grandsons are Brody and Brady. Now you need Brady :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION]: Yes, we are going with Brodie and I just glittered it on his stocking and he is already coming to Brodie so I am not changing my mind. We all like that name. I will tell you, if they were all as good as Brodie and Lola for that matter I would get another..well in a couple of years! Brody and Brady sound so good together and perfect of twins. I bet they are so much fun. I have a friend who has twin boys who are 3 and they are so cute! She dress them the same but uses different colors thank goodness or I could not tell them apart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1505]2bulliefamily[/MENTION]
Brodie is an ador-a-bul name! Post more pictures of this handsome boy!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1505]2bulliefamily[/MENTION]
Oh....and your profile still says Lola and "to be named"!

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Thanks Libra926...totally forgot about that and need to get a pic of the two of them....if they will be still long enough. May have to wait until they both are asleep or at least ready to fall asleep!

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.