Neuter time for Kain...

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Well it's 6 months and time to get neutered for Kain. We also had blood tests in advance as mentioned on here. We confirmed the gas type to be the isoflorene or whatever it's called also.

The vet works with a lot of bulldogs here so are confident in there work with them.

There was a guy with his bulldog there, overweight in my mind and said Kain seemed awfully thin as his two were never that thin. I asked the vet and she said he looked great and one of the best she seen as most are overweight when they come in.

Anyway, time has come for Kain this Thursday. Hope he does well and doesn't get to upset with the cone head for a week.

He goes in Thursday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Kain can reach his business? He is one talented bulldog!

Neither Bo or Bea had a chance in hell of getting at their stitches....

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Kain can reach his business? He is one talented bulldog!

Neither Bo or Bea had a chance in hell of getting at their stitches....

LOL! Thats just one more great thing about bulldogs! I don't think I've ever seen one lick his/hers privates. When Usko was operated we didn't have use the cone and he is quite thin...

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Good luck, Kain. Watson had the cone on for all of 5 minutes. He had drool all over the bottom of the cone. I took it off and he was fine.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Good luck Kain, your a big boy now!

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Yeah I'm not convinced he would need it. He's pretty flexible but still not like other dogs lol.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Good luck Kain!
Rook didn't need a cone either... there was no way he would ever get back there, and he never even tried. I'm not entirely convinced that he even knew anything was missing. He was back to his usual antics within a day. Hope it goes the same for Kain!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Wishing a speedy recovery to Kain! We'll be thinking of you tomorrow :D

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I hope all goes well for Kain and for you! I applaud your decision to neuter at 6 months. My Tank will be six months on the 6th and has his neutering is scheduled for the 7th. I know it will be tough but I will be glad to have it over with. I wasn't sure whether to do it young or wait until he was older, as this topic is so mixed among Bully owners. My pup is very sweet and does not act at all "male-ish" yet, but after reading Cesar Millan's book "How to Raise the Perfect Dog, I decided younger was better. He explains that male dogs personalties can change during adolescents due to frustration from the urge to breed that is engrained in their DNA. Since our pets are usually not permitted to do so, this can lead to frustration and aggression. Why would we want our sweet pups the have to deal with these frustrations if we don't plan on breeding with them? Let us know how your guy does. I would greatly appreciate any information that will help Tank (and myself) when his appointment date arrives. Speedy Recovery, Kain!

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
I also was reading the perfect puppy and watched the episodes he had as well. That concreted my decision at 6 months as well. I will update for sure, little guy is chewing away on his deer antler not realizing how life will change for him tommorow. :(

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I also was reading the perfect puppy and watched the episodes he had as well. That concreted my decision at 6 months as well. I will update for sure, little guy is chewing away on his deer antler not realizing how life will change for him tommorow. :(

Is the emotional connections regarding neutering is a guy thing? His life isn't going to change at all --- and in fact, will surely IMPROVE, if there's any change at all. Bo is the first male dog I've ever had so I have nothing to compare his experience to, but he was truly back to his old self right away. Keeping him from damaging his stitches from playing too hard was the biggest challenge.

Kain is already an awesome dog. He's just going to get awesome-er.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Thinking of you Kain and hope that all is going well. Give us an update soon!

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Is the emotional connections regarding neutering is a guy thing? His life isn't going to change at all --- and in fact, will surely IMPROVE, if there's any change at all. Bo is the first male dog I've ever had so I have nothing to compare his experience to, but he was truly back to his old self right away. Keeping him from damaging his stitches from playing too hard was the biggest challenge.

Kain is already an awesome dog. He's just going to get awesome-er.

Yeah I think so lol... he was back to normal on the first day and truly would never know he was at the Vet for an operation. I'm happy to have this portion done and looking forward to him growing and filling out now :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.