English Bulldog in NE Florida may need new home

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Hi guys -

I was approached by a friend of mine to adopt her AKC certified English Bulldog. She is not doing too well with training because she just couldn't dedicate the time to him. My observation is that they weren't prepared for the friskiness of an EB puppy - they expected him to be very laid back and sleep all day long, but this puppy proved to be super energetic and can even climb on top of the dining table. He tends to jump at you as well and loves to just chew everything up. She has 4 children with ages between 5 and 12 and they're scared of the dog! They purchased the puppy from a breeder in Georgia at 4 months old. The dog is now 9 months old, altered, and up-to-date with all his shots.

I babysat the dog a couple of times and he is just darling! He does not show all these reported bad behaviors in my house. He is very energetic and frisky and would want to chase after my dogs all day long, but my 3 year old bulldog, Bullie, would get on his case if he gets too much, so he backs down. I give him a nyla to chew on and he's happy alternating between chewing that and chasing after my dogs. He does want to jump at you but he only did it a couple of times with me, I told him No Jumping and he didn't do it again. So, I don't know - he is very eager to please that he is, the few times I had him, very trainable.

He has had health problems - runny poop and all that. He is on Puppy Chow - they had him on Blue Buffalo and that didn't agree with him - so they put him on Puppy Chow which seems to stop his runny poop. So, he'll need some transition to a new healthier food that works with him.

He is brindle in color, he has longer hair than Bullie, and he has tear stains. So, yes, he'll need somebody who knows how to care for stains. He snores like a fighter jet - his nose is really smashed into his face - much more so than Bullie's. He is about 30lbs now, so he's probably going to be on the bigger side of the breed. He drools a lot more than Bullie too. He is constantly hot in Florida springtime so he drinks lots of water and makes puddles of drool when he's panting. So yes, he's just like the super uniquely cute English Bulldog that we expect from the best of the bunch.

My friend prefers he stays in town, so she's looking for somebody with EB experience in NE Florida who would just love her dog to pieces.

He is FREE. No rehoming fee. Yes, this is not something for non-experienced EB folks. We don't want him to end up getting passed on to home after home. This should be his final home. We're wanting to have somebody who has been an active contributor to EBN forum so we know he's going to a home who are well-invested in EB dogs. Note that just because he's free that you won't need money for this dog... you'll need money - he'll need to be taken to the vet regularly as he has food allergies and tear stains that need to be taken care of. And he needs behavioral training.

If I didn't have 2 dogs already, he'd be mine in a heartbeat. I am just not confident that I can give him the care he needs when I already have 2 dogs that are perfectly placed in our pack.

I don't have a picture. Sorry. I'll try to get one as soon as possible. And this might be the wrong section to post this. I was gonna post it in the Adoptions section but noticed that it's for rescues. This would be a private adoption. Moderators, can you help me out in finding the right spot for this posting? Thanks.

Please send me a private message if you're interested. Thanks.

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Hi Anatess, long time no see. ;) This pup sounds like my Miila, very unruly and wild and no training to correct the behavior. She has proven that it can all be corrected with time and patience although the jumping is still a challenge. Have they considered getting in touch with a rescue? At first I was thinking you were taking it, maybe you will? lol 3 is fun! haha

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He sounds wonderful and trainable.... we have lots of FLA members -- I hope someone can take him

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Never any deals like this in Saskatchewan Canada lol.. Hope he finds a good home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

meatys mom

May 6, 2011
georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
meaty
We would love to give him a home but we live in Georgia:( I'm sure someone in FL would love to help out!!

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
He sounds wonderful and trainable.... we have lots of FLA members -- I hope someone can take him

You're from Orange Park, right???? Want to change your name to 3BullyMama? :heart:

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi Anatess, long time no see. ;) This pup sounds like my Miila, very unruly and wild and no training to correct the behavior. She has proven that it can all be corrected with time and patience although the jumping is still a challenge. Have they considered getting in touch with a rescue? At first I was thinking you were taking it, maybe you will? lol 3 is fun! haha

They might have to do that if they can't find anybody suitable. Man, yeah, it's very tempting... but, I just know it's going to be too much for me. I'm very very bad with training. Now, if my husband ever gets that stay-at-home job he applied for, maybe we can do that then. He's the dog whisperer.

By the way, we also got a new Blue-fronted Amazon parrot... so we're on our way to become a full-fledged zoo!

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Now, Vince... lots of Canadians move to Florida...

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
:faint: Well...Howdeeeeeee stranger! I can't help on your post..but just wanted to say :hiya:

BECKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I very much miss you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You're from Orange Park, right???? Want to change your name to 3BullyMama? :heart:

I am in Pennsylvania.....about 45 mins NW of Philly

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Too bad the person has to live in FL. I'll be visiting FL in 2 weeks but don't live there.:cry:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
If I rent a p.o. box in Florida will that count? :D

I hope she can find him a suitable home

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Okay, I didn't get a picture... but, a video should be good... sorry for the mess of a yard. We are in the process of gutting out the entire thing.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online