OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
also does anyone else do anything for her but you. does anyone else feed her or pet her love her alot. i would get others involved in her daily care instead of just you. have your mom come over and feed her sometimes or your son. teach her that its ok for others to do things for her. step back as her main caregiver some and see if this helps.

Mom has always given her lunch and her afternoon meds. My son plays with her constantly and loves on her more than I do. She kisses them but not me :( I give her the important meals, 6am and 6pm feedings (important because that's when she gets the bulk of her supplements), I do the IV fluids every night and she sleeps with me.

I guess I could try letting him put the bowl down at night. He could do her bedtime applesauce too, there's only 1 thing to add to that and it's pre-measured. Maybe that will help?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Mom has always given her lunch and her afternoon meds. My son plays with her constantly and loves on her more than I do. She kisses them but not me :( I give her the important meals, 6am and 6pm feedings (important because that's when she gets the bulk of her supplements), I do the IV fluids every night and she sleeps with me.

I guess I could try letting him put the bowl down at night. He could do her bedtime applesauce too, there's only 1 thing to add to that and it's pre-measured. Maybe that will help?
hm is she feeling ok. sometimes sarah will want mama when she is not quite herself. she will be like glue to me. puzzling for sure. well then just let them walk her with you with them and yes let them do more for her in regards to her care maybe that will help. wow she will kiss them but not you. hm sarah dont kiss noone so she is just aloof lol. i kiss her all the time. she licks us though. well dear i hope things improve.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I agree with cowsmom. Hope you find what works for Abby. If all else fails involve them with you in an obedience class. Best of luck...

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Beefy is like that also, he'll only do stuff for me. It breaks my sons heart because he wants to do things with Beefy. so, what I did was gave my son Bryce, a dab of peanut butter in a bowl. He say in the floor and finger fed the peanut butter to Beef. It kinda let them bond. Now Beefy will cooperate with Bryce. It reminds me of a show that use to be on with a dinosaur baby that would say "not the mama, not the mama".

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I wish I knew something that worked, but have no idea. We are having the same issue now...Frank refuses to walk with me but will walk with my husband. However, most of the time Frank is stuck to me like glue. Dogs are definitely funny. If you find a technique that works so Abby will walk with the rest of your family members, let us know!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online