Is there a way to tell an older EB from a younger one??

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
I had a computer repair guy here the other day and he told me he couldn't believe that Chester was a puppy - he looked like "he was on his way out" :mad: :rolleyes: because all he did was lay around at the guys feet. I told him that's the way EB's are.. couch potatoes. :p Which got me to think - with our Shih Tzu, his hair is getting kind of gray around his muzzle/face. Are there physical features you see when a EB ages??

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Hmmm... good question. I sure can't answer it as my girls are only 3 months old. I'm sure others will have answers for both of us.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Calluses usually pop up from laying around, I also think their tounges start to hang out to the side? Don't really know any other signs. Besides medical ones, loss of vision, stiffness, ect. Don't really know any other signs myself.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Bentley was only 6 but there were differences between him and a younger dog. He has callouses on his elbows from laying on the ground, his fur wasn't as full in some places (around the tail), his paws just looked like they had more miles on them, a little less pearly whiteness on the teeth. But he was white so he didn't have any noticeable grays.

That is a really stupid thing that guy said ... you should've said you were thinking the same thing about him. :)

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
People can be so rude.

My last eb was 6 when he passed. He had alopecia so he didn't have fur on his sides. He aslo was all white, so I couldn't see any grey on his face. Bulldogs are just plain cute whether old or young. But I think the older ones have the "been there, done that" look in their eyes. Like they are very wise. I love, love , love senior bullies!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow what a jerk. I dont know but I would think they would gray the same as other dogs maybe aside from if they are white that is. Then again my Mugsy (pug) has had gray in his chin for a while now and he isnt even 4 yet and Cutty who will be 5 doesnt have any yet so maybe not so much?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
They start to get wrinkles on their face???? ROFL

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
They start to get wrinkles on their face???? ROFL

haha! Actually Cutty has developed many more wrinkles as he is aging so I guess that is true. Now that I think about it also, Cuttys face is mostly white with a little bit of black and Mugs has much more black where you can see the gray. Guess thats why i dont see it on Cutty.

Members online

No members online now.