I KNEW IT

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
I dont know if anyone read my thread on the general NOT bulldog talk board...
but i went into vaguely that im having trouble with my eb breeder and didnt want to post until after we get the puppy.

im shaking so bad now i can hardly type. if the kids werent around i'd be crying.5 days before our date to pick up our puppy she has backed out. Ive felt ever since I sent my deposit that she was just waiting for a reason to keep the puppy.

She had mentioned in several emails that they were attached to him..and that her daughter said she could really love the male (which was the one I picked).

Ive had the deposit on him since he was 3 weeks..named him...bought countless toys..researched...ordered fromm food..nylabones...talked to vets.....gotten my WHOLE FAMILYS hopes up on him. He even has his own room..the dining room thats open to the living room-with a big xpen and crate. Ive been counting the days until we get him. My 3 yr old daughter even said today in petsmart.."If I dont get my puppy I will be very upset". Just out of the blue.

In our emails back and forth, I had asked her what food she was feeding her dogs...twice.
She answered other questions but just avoided that one. So this last time we talked and chose a date for me to pick him up-I asked her again and if he would come with a small bag of it-and that I would probablly be changing his food. My reasoning for asking was so I could buy a bag of that food ahead of time so I would have some to last while then transition him to fromm.

She responded that she fed royal canin and that it was a great food....that i sohludnt be thinking of changing his food etc....I just ignored that she said that and responded agreeing to the pick up date and place etc.

So this afternoon I get an email saying that shes been thinking about me changing his food and that maybe she should send my deposit back..that her puppy isnt the best choice for me...that i sholud throw everything i know about dogs out the window....i didnt value her opinions....

I sent an emotional email back and told her to send my money back and how disapointed and upset we were....that I held up my end of the contract by sending her the $500 and she didnt hold up her end. I also stated that I felt that they would keep the dog for themselves ...etc...

Im so anygry I cant even get it all out.

I know there is another member here from al that will be looking for a puppy soon and I'd like to make sure you dont get one from this woman.

What can I do? Blast her online? Show the emails? I really feel I have been done wrong here..im so upset...
She doesnt even know me-and I clearly would take better care of all her dogs than she does.

I feel like my heart has been ripped out. help.

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
to top it off..its my husbands birthday party tonight and I have to act happy until its over.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Aweee sweetie I am soooo very sorry for this grief. Truly I am. If there was something I could do I certainly would. :cry:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I am so sorry!! I don't even know what I would do if I were in your shoes. There has to be something doesn't there?

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
That's so sad. I'm sorry she backed out. Whereabouts are you located? Maybe some EBN memebers close to you can give some recommendations.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Oh no! I'm so very sorry! You are correct in thinking they were just looking for a way out...sounds like total :poo: If you were in Pa, I'd give you the name of the breeder we used . I know how upset your little girl will be. Just breaks my heart! I hope in the end everything works out and you get the perfect dog for your family.

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
I know there is another member here from al that will be looking for a puppy soon and I'd like to make sure you dont get one from this woman.

What can I do? Blast her online? Show the emails? I really feel I have been done wrong here..im so upset...
She doesnt even know me-and I clearly would take better care of all her dogs than she does.

I feel like my heart has been ripped out. help.

Me? =[ OMG I cannot imagine what you are feeling right now...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So sorry for your pain....this is just so wrong.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I sure wish you were not so far away! Sounds a bit fishy to me. I hope you get your deposit back....

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh I'm so sorry sweety! That has to be quite heart breaking after you've become attached to this particular puppy over the last several weeks. :( Sounds to me like she already had her mind made up too but just didn't know how to tell you since she already had your $500. Do you have a contract or any type of written agreement for your deposit? She definitely needs to return ALL your $$ and immediately IMO. That's a lame reason to say about her thinking you shouldn't have him because of a food change. Heck my breeder for Wilson knew I'd be changing his food from the get go (she fed Science Diet). Has she made any verbal indications one way or the other about your deposit? I'm so sorry you and your family have to go through this but the first bully is out there for you all - have faith! :hug:

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
Thank you all for your help and kind words.
She never would send me anything to sign after I sent the deposit. She said she was sick once..then that her printer broke and that I could sign it when I picked up the puppy. I think she just didn't want me into contract after she realized her daughter wanted it.
SHe sent me an email back saying she had never withheld a puppy from anyone, but since I wanted it back she'd be sending my deposit back. I had said in the email that if I didnt recieve it by a certain date my lawyer would be in touch.

Is there anywhere that I can write reviews about her..like a breeders website..? Anyone know of anything like that? I'd really like to get the word out about this lady.

I was referring to [MENTION=3654]AubreysMom[/MENTION] (is that name right?) as the other who lived in AL. I think this lady doesnt live far from you..

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm so sorry..I know you are so disappointed. I'm half feeling that even though you are heartbroken now...this person is not ome one you would want to get a pup from. Where are you located?

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
start looking for maybe a rescue?
I can't even imagine what you are going through right now, that is horrible!! I feel so bad for you and your family!! But I agree with [MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION] , maybe look for a rescue? I adopted Gio from a family I found online who wanted to do their own adoption to make sure they picked out the family that they felt fit Gio's needs. When I first saw their post about him on Ebay classifieds, I called the next day and ended up adopting the best 20 month old english bulldog I could ever imagine 1 week later!! There are bullies on this website and others that are waiting to be adopted! If you can't find another breeder, I would definitely look into adoption! Good luck with everything and I really hope that the lady who did this to you and your family never tries to breed again!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.