Towel at night backfire

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
We just recently started putting a towel in spunkys cage at night, and first couple nights she was perfect!!

Two times in a row now, she's immediately peed on the towel even after peeing three times outside....why is she just now doing this? And how do I start putting the towel back in there?

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I dont know why they do it but Mojo will pee in his if there is a towel blankie or pillow in it. So he sleeps without one.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We just recently started putting a towel in spunkys cage at night, and first couple nights she was perfect!!

Two times in a row now, she's immediately peed on the towel even after peeing three times outside....why is she just now doing this? And how do I start putting the towel back in there?

:hmm: I would rephrase this...And WHY would I put the towel back in there?....it's probably something she will outgrow...I'd keep it out...and FYI..my Jake loves to eat..yes eat..towels! They are actually one of his favorite non edible things to eat! :eek: not so nice being barfed up and even worse the stings coming out the other end! :faint: my hubby is scarred for life over the latter!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Its been my experience that some dogs can handle something to sleep on and some can't. Only one of our three can truly have a blankie in his crate and leave it alone. The other dogs will either piddle on or tear apart said article as time goes by

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
They're all right. You can reintroduce bedding when Spunky is older and stable with potty training. :yes:

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Dang!! We were so close and she looked soooo cute the first couple of nights with it. I guess we will leave it out for now. I think she was marking it-because when she peed on it she went to lay down on it lol *ew*

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubrey always peed on towels and blankets in her crate. She would scoot them all out of the way even before doing that, then later pee on them. For some reason she didn't like having them in her crate. Now, when she got older, she loved to sleep with a blanket, but as a puppy she did not. We just didn't put anything in there; I think she liked the cool bottom of her crate.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.