Bulldogs and Kids

XxDuhItsPinkxX

Apr 30, 2012
Reading, Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
Why me and my husband never want any other breed of dog c:

I wonder if all bulldogs are like this or if we got lucky with our Brock.

Our Daughter walks him sometimes. Obviously with me trailing close behind almost on top of them. But it is cute to watch how gentle and behaved he is for our littler girl. He never pulls. And even stops for her to pick his leash up !! He lets her lay on top of him and they nap together. They are like best buddies. Anyone elses bulldogs this mellow?

This is the video of them walking together c: Have to click it to open it "/

Picture092.jpg

Picture101.jpg

Picture111.jpg

Last edited:

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Brock is an impressive bully and your kid is really cute. I bet no one will mess with your kid walking around the neighborhood with Brock

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
That is too cute!!! Watch out with her head being where it is in that picture....she might get gassed out! :)

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I think all bullies have different personalities. I've seen a handful of rescues that aren't recommended to be around children so I think it just varies depending on their personality and how they were raised (and how well behaved the kid is too! LOL)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That is absolutely adorable!

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
That's very cute!
Wally is pretty much the same and our 4 year old niece LOVES to walk him. Unfortunately all that calmness went out the window one day when one of our neighbors started kicking a ball around. The worst (best) part was we had told our niece to be VERY careful and to NEVER let go of the leash so when all of a sudden Wally took off after the ball my poor niece was just holding on for dear life while being dragged on her stomach along the grass. Once wally stopped running she stood up and said "See! I told you I wouldn't let go!"
It was pretty funny. Probably wouldn't have been as funny if she had been waking him on the sidewalk though...

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
They are both too cute, the video and those pictures are so great! Gio is great with kids too, his first family had a 5 year old boy and him and Gio were great pals! When all the neighbor kids come over to see Gio he is great with them...even when they throw balls and sticks at him!! It's really amazing how gentle they become around kids!

OP
XxDuhItsPinkxX

XxDuhItsPinkxX

Apr 30, 2012
Reading, Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
That is too cute!!! Watch out with her head being where it is in that picture....she might get gassed out! :)

Hahaha. Oh god can he clear a room with that thing!! Would have burned her hair off her little head :c

pdac1975 That would have been cute if you could have gotten that on video. I love the things kids say. Its cute. You're right. Sidewalks = scraped knees and tears. Luckily the only thing that gets him really excited is squeakers. Once in a while he wants to try and catch a squirel. Lol. But we have a little park up the street she walks him in. I just wanted a real cute video c:

mcraven2 malaya has cousins come over sometimes to play and they do the exact same thing. Sometimes he goes after the toys and other days he will lay there and stare at them. Haha. I love how this breed is with children c: amazing.

Haha. Thank you watson and Lovemybully82. No I dont think anyone will. Malaya has her personal body guard -- should get him a little shirt that says so :D

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Neither one of my bulldogs is gentle with kids.. My female is getting better every day and is learning the proper way to interact with children. My male, Aldo is a work in progress, he overstimulates easily and is dominant/as well as scared of the noise and movement.. but he is slowly getting better. They are both 8 months old. The pictures are adorable, I enjoyed them!

OP
XxDuhItsPinkxX

XxDuhItsPinkxX

Apr 30, 2012
Reading, Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
Neither one of my bulldogs is gentle with kids.. My female is getting better every day and is learning the proper way to interact with children. My male, Aldo is a work in progress, he overstimulates easily and is dominant/as well as scared of the noise and movement.. but he is slowly getting better. They are both 8 months old. The pictures are adorable, I enjoyed them!

Thank you. He listens when he wants to also. Guess this is a bulldog thing. They are puppies yet too. They will probably mellow out. Brock didnt calm down until we got him neutered -- he still goes nuts for squeakies, he hears one on the TV and he will run around looking for it. He is also 2 1/2.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Thank you. He listens when he wants to also. Guess this is a bulldog thing. They are puppies yet too. They will probably mellow out. Brock didnt calm down until we got him neutered -- he still goes nuts for squeakies, he hears one on the TV and he will run around looking for it. He is also 2 1/2.
yes, they are still puppies, I am hoping they will settle down and in a year or two be exactly like Brock and good friends of the girls :D

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Bulldogs energy levels can be all over the place. I've seen super hyper ones and super mellow ones and everything in between. I love it that you're babies have a great relationship!:luv:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.