Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bulldogs and Kids

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brock
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bulldogs and Kids

Quote Originally Posted by acarabias View Post
    Neither one of my bulldogs is gentle with kids.. My female is getting better every day and is learning the proper way to interact with children. My male, Aldo is a work in progress, he overstimulates easily and is dominant/as well as scared of the noise and movement.. but he is slowly getting better. They are both 8 months old. The pictures are adorable, I enjoyed them!

Thank you. He listens when he wants to also. Guess this is a bulldog thing. They are puppies yet too. They will probably mellow out. Brock didnt calm down until we got him neutered -- he still goes nuts for squeakies, he hears one on the TV and he will run around looking for it. He is also 2 1/2.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by XxDuhItsPinkxX View Post
    Thank you. He listens when he wants to also. Guess this is a bulldog thing. They are puppies yet too. They will probably mellow out. Brock didnt calm down until we got him neutered -- he still goes nuts for squeakies, he hears one on the TV and he will run around looking for it. He is also 2 1/2.
    yes, they are still puppies, I am hoping they will settle down and in a year or two be exactly like Brock and good friends of the girls

Eagerly and Nervously awaiting the homecoming of Bruno Cannoli

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Bulldogs energy levels can be all over the place. I've seen super hyper ones and super mellow ones and everything in between. I love it that you're babies have a great relationship!
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brock
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fontanafox View Post
    Bulldogs energy levels can be all over the place. I've seen super hyper ones and super mellow ones and everything in between. I love it that you're babies have a great relationship!
    Thank youu c: They are best buddies. I thinks it's because she drops food though. Haha.

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Arnold is fabulous with the kids but they would lose their arm if trying to walk Arnold right now. We have a harness and working on control!!

I'm a good girl, I promise

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

My EB Suzie was fantastic with kids! I own a family child care so she was around toddlers every day and was taught that they were higher up on the command chain than she was. She was very gentle with all the kids and even went down the slide with them. Our new puppy Bella is being introduced to the kids in the same way Suzie was. She is much calmer around the kids than she is around adults for some reason. Its as if she knows that she can not jump up on them. Of course I am there to correct any behavior that I feel is inappropriate, I am hoping that she will be as gentle as our first EB was!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brock
    Likes (Received)

Swalesfcc that's awesome. I don't think I Have ever seen a dog go down a slide with kids before though. Lol. That's too cute. She sounds like she will be -- being surrounded by kids all of the time c:

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

I dont know how many times in here I say OMG, but OMG how cute is that! Both precious.

Otis loves kids, yesterday I took him for a walk and a boy on a bike was riding down the other side of the road and stopped - and got off his bike to fix his brakes - Otis sat down and whined, all he wanted to do was have the little boy play with him. I could not get him to budge an inch until the boy was back on his bike and down the road and around the corner out of sight....
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads