Update and checking in...

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Gosh I wish I was posting more. I can't seem to get a handle on things, it seems I have no free time.

Bear is a complete moron. Ok in the nicest of ways. He is a mess. I can't keep his nails cut enough and he is having another issue. I think it may be allergies. He got this last year too. He lost a patch of hair, some skin would become crusty and then hair would fall out. It started happening again. He is on special shampoo and antibiotics. Anyone think this might be allergies? Vet just says it can happen sometimes, a dermo thing but ugh I am trying to get him evaluated for stud and he can't have that. He is on Fromm so I don't think I can get any better than that. He had been on it for at least a year before this started to happen, it took a month to clear up last time.

He and the baby are basically inseparable. My favorite is when I am holding her and he lays in my lap too and she grabs his ears and rubs them and falls asleep. ITs fantastic.

Miss all the bullies!!!!

Ok so some photos of course:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
my Nigel is going through that now too...itching my vet said i could give him 2 benadryl 3x a day. He weighs 53 lbs. That along with the chlorex medicated spray and shampoo help to control that during this season.

Bear is really cute and I think he was waiting for his plate in that table pic. Love that he's great with the baby!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Love the pics!!! I really want a video tho of the ear rubbing. ;) glad you r back, even if just for a check in. it does sound like an allergy and if it is only at certain times must be seasonal. Does Mendel help any?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Great pictures!! That is so cute that she rubs his ears!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Could it be seasonal alopecia? Bea has that. The skin turns black underneath and the hair falls out. She looks darned weird but it doesn't bother her - itch or hurt.

P1210004.jpg <-- taken a few weeks ago. The black "line" is where the alopecia is coming in. Eventually, it will be a big, black dark blotch, void of hair. I can't find a good picture of her last year to show you....but it looked whack. People thought "she had unusual coloring". ha ha ha

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi there woman!!! As long as you keep up with pics we can forgive your absence... Sort of.... :D

I would document the time of year it is happening, sounds like seasonal allergies. This way you can be prepared to see if it happens again at the same time next year. As usual Bear is a delight and a sight for sore eyes! They are adorable together!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Aww how sweet that she falls asleep rubbing his ears!!!<3

I'm no help on the skin issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions