Does your bully have a favorite toy??

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester doesn't have a particular favorite..but his stuffed toys are his favorite, along with his rope toy..cuz those are the things he can play tug of war with us and are easily "ploppable" in our lap when he's trying to let us know it's playtime :bully:

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Norm likes any toy the other dogs are playing with. Then he doesn't give them back.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas's favs are his stuffed animals, although he has many other toys he sticks to the same, he has them in his crate and likes to lay in there and suck on them.:confused: He has done this since he was a pup, I have to wash them once a week because they start stinking, and when they are wore out I found that going to Good Will to restock works best, I get brand new ones still with the tags for 99 cents. I DO MAKE SURE they do not have hard noses or glass eyes, they have to be all material, he bit an eye off a few months ago and I found him chewing on it.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Cuttys fav is his ball and if that is mia then ahy other throw toy that is available. He does like to chew on his nylabones but if there is a ball around that is his preference by far!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Vegas's favs are his stuffed animals, although he has many other toys he sticks to the same, he has them in his crate and likes to lay in there and suck on them.:confused: He has done this since he was a pup, I have to wash them once a week because they start stinking, and when they are wore out I found that going to Good Will to restock works best, I get brand new ones still with the tags for 99 cents. I DO MAKE SURE they do not have hard noses or glass eyes, they have to be all material, he bit an eye off a few months ago and I found him chewing on it.

Abby and Bella do the same thing. They love stuffed animals to suckle on and go to sleep. We make sure that they both have a "pacifier" before we settle into bed. Other wise we will get woken up by Abby barking for one on the floor somewhere. Sure enough as soon as I get up and put an animal on the bed, she grabs is and goes back to sleep. They also both chew off the tags, eyes, nose etc first.

sowdie

May 27, 2010
MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
For Lola, it depends on whether we're inside or outside. Inside, a tennis ball trumps everything. Empty plastic bottles are a close second.
When she's outside, it's her floppy frisbee.

Let me just tell you a quick little story about dear Lola and her toy obsession. A couple months back I brought Lola with me to visit my brother so that she could run around with his dog, Marley. They were both chasing the same frisbee, but Lola is such a bully, that she always has to have whatever toy is being played with. She'll run up and take it right out of another dog's mouth, and she'll stop at nothing to get it. So rude! So she gets distracted, and I wander over to pick up the frisbee. Once I pick up the frisbee and she notices, she comes running full speed from about 10 yards away. Naturally, I think she is going to head right for the frisbee. Wrong. She comes from behind me, still running full speed, runs right into the back of my legs, and completely takes my legs out from under me. Lola is 1'6" tall and 60 or so pounds. I am 6'4" and about 210 lbs. She took me out swiftly and efficiently. She knew she couldn't get the frisbee from my hand, so she brought the frisbee down to her. And people say bulldogs are dumb.....

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Sowdie ~ Oh thats too funny! Samson has the kong frisbee and he goes crazy for that too. He can't have it unless we are playing fetch because if he gets a chance to lay down with it it will be in pieces within minutes.

Samson's favorite toy is always the toy another dog or person has LOL. He will also steal toys from other dogs, such a brat! He has no concept of sharing. Many people here may have read our story about Samson swallowing the squeaky fish toy. Yeah there were 2 but he wanted both his and Loki's (my beagle) so he swallowed his and then ran after her for hers. Had to be surgically removed a week later. I definitely don't think bully's are stupid but because of that I think Samson sure can be! Samson's mission with every toy is, destroy! So to avoid choking, swallowing, etc there is only 3 toys that are deemed strong enough to survive Samson. Extreme Kong, the extra large size, he actually ate of the top third of the classic kong. Didn't know where the top went and didn't think much of it until a couple months later when he threw it up! The souper size durable nylabone and the flossy chews colossal size 2 knot rope toy. Of those 3 his favorite is the nylabones. I have spent a small fortune trying out the "super tough" "virtually indestructible" toys on the market but those are the only 3 he can't destroy. Once they start getting worn I have to replace them but they are strong enough he can be left alone with them.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Gertie has a little purple monkey she just LOVES! It's terry cloth and has a squeeker inside. Then she has a "granola" chewwie thing that she and Ida have fought over til I had to put it away. I'll have to get some more of those since they both love it so much. So far Ida seems to really like her stuffed pink bear pretty well. They both love to play tug-of-war with several toys.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Linus loves his stuffies...all of them. He likes to suckle too.

Bentley and Truman both gravitate towards bones and chew toys much, much more - Bentley always had about 10 times the jaw strength of Linus so he really loved working on a big Nylabone and would shred any stuffed animal in a matter of seconds.

I once bought the fellas a Jolly Ball, which is actually made for a horse - within about 10 minutes, Bentley had it in pieces. :bully:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie likes a bone that she gnaws and chews on. I also got her a "rope animal" that is now more like just a rope ... no obvious sign of the lion it used to be. She also loves empty water bottles ... once a week I have to fish loads of them from under the couches!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Bullies play? Gracie looks at toys like they are below her station to play with them. I tried playing ball with her and she gave me a look that said " YOU go get the ball if you want it back, YOU threw it!" :rolleyes:

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Just wondering since I posted why so many bullies like my Vegas loves stuffed animals and "suckles" them, he lays in his crate and suckles them with his eyes closed, I thought it was different until I read other's do it also?? :confused:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
My Vegas suckles also. Not as much as Orion. Sunday I took as a "me" day and I sat in my overstuffed chair with a blanket and read for a good 4 hours. Orion sought me out and climbed into the chair with me. She tugged her teddy into the chair also (keep in mind this teddy is bigger than her). She literally sucked on it's foot for over an hour and 1/2. Does Vegas [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] ever have a problem with his breath? If I don't wash "stinky bear" often, her mouth starts to smell.
O is good about keeping herself busy. She will play with any type of toy. Vegas destroys most toys. He has such a strong jaw. His kong frisbee is one toy that actually holds up. He loves to get that in his mouth and shake his head. I don't know if he likes the sound of it, or the fact that it bounces off and slaps his forehead. Orion isn't allowed to play with her toys when Vegas is around. He will take them from her and create total caos. If there aren't any toys around, Vegas will go take her pink kennel pad out of her kennel......which pisses her off. If there isn't any way to push her buttons with toys, he will go and lay in her kennel.
They know. They fight and push buttons just like the 2 legged kids.

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] I don't smell Vegas's breath when he is in my face, but his stuffed animals do smell after a few days and they get stiff. (YUCK) I wash them every Sunday, he knows they are gone and will pout, when they are all washed and dried and put back in his crate, he will go in and lay down and suckle them again. He has a stuffed elephant that has a trunk that is his fav. he has the nose sucked so hard it is at a pointed form now.

danangel14

Jun 4, 2010
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dempsey
Dempsey suckles too. He always his collection around him. I like to read a bit before turning out the lights at bedtime and I always make sure has has his things. When he wants attention, Demps will knock his toy off the bed on the side closest to the wall here he doesn't fit and then stand on the edge of the bed staring at it until I reach down and pick it up for him.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online