Stroller or Wagon? ideas please!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I wouldn't be surprised since it was only $50 and I got it at Big Lots, lol. Mike's going to take the wheels apart and reweld them so they're wider. :up:

'Custom Bully Wagon' here we come!!!!! ROFL

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Great topic! Was thinking of getting one for Punks for the next Run for the Cure even this fall. We tried going last year and we didn't exactly make it. It was raining a little, so he wouldn't move past this one tree, plus he's a slow walker.

Can just picture it now ... here you only see small toy doggies pulled in strollers ... imagine how people will react once they realize that it's a big, husky, football player type bulldog. Yikes! :lol:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
@JeannieCO, that is a cute yellow wagon! i was thinking of borrowing my nephew's old radio flyer red wagon but now that you mention the sides needing to be higher, i'm having 2nd thoughts. Those strollers are really cool , aren't they? i was looking at them on Amazon. They are quite pricey though. Maybe i'll take a look for a used one. Today we got Tate's bandage changed. I also took him on a short stroll around the block and he did pretty well. Can't do a lot of walking tho but at the same time, he needs to move too.
I really really wanted the Radio Flyer with the wood sides. Just couldn't bring myself to spend the $$ on it yet. Check Craigslist for a used one, you'd be surprised how many on there here. Give Tate a smoochy kiss from his Auntie Jeannie, Finn too. :)

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I have the top one and love it. Enough room for 2 bullies.

We tried a wagon, Abby just would never settle down with it. I am not sure if she didn't feel secure or if she didn't like being pulled behind us. She would constantly try to get out, stand up and then loose her footing. The stroller works perfect. Room to lay down if she wants to enjoy the ride and it is low enough for her to get in and out of.

That's awesome to hear!!!We were gonna get it 2 weeks ago but I started a boot camp that lasts 4 weeks, so we decided to wait a week or 2 since we won't really be able to use it for a while since that takes up most of my nights.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Ooohey! thanks for all the suggestions and feedback :)

I did look at Craig's list last night and the doggy strollers they had were all so small for lightwt dogs. I'm putting Tate on a diet right now to try to get him down to a svelte 60lbs but he'd still break one of those strollers right off the bat! I'm going to keep looking around.

btw, [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], I :heart: Big Lots! i didn't know they were in other states as well!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Ooohey! thanks for all the suggestions and feedback :)

I did look at Craig's list last night and the doggy strollers they had were all so small for lightwt dogs. I'm putting Tate on a diet right now to try to get him down to a svelte 60lbs but he'd still break one of those strollers right off the bat! I'm going to keep looking around.

btw, @JeannieCO, I :heart: Big Lots! i didn't know they were in other states as well!
We have quite a few of them here. The first time Iwent into one was this past Christmas. They got a lot of crap there, lol.

Tate's a bit, heavy? :laugh: :hug: :D

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
For only fifty bucks, I guess we can't expect much but GEEZE - use galvanized parts at least, Mr. China Wagon Maker. Ugh. Making the wheels farther apart is another good idea. It's tippy if you take too close of a turn. I won't be going to all of that trouble since I don't weld. (You thought I did, didn't you?) The dang part rusted before I ever got to put Bea in the dang thing. ha ha I'll fix it tho. No worries.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
So many great ideas. Now I just need a stroller for both Clayton and Chunk and I'll be set!! Although, once he's big enough I can definitely see them riding together in the ones Kendall posted. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I was looking to get a stroller, too. I wanted to walk in the evenings.. At the high school, Rollie hates any form of exercise!

LOL... Gosh... I LOVE bulldogs. LOL

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
Since we found out about lexs acls and hip dysplasia we are gonna get him something like this...

I like this one cause it holds up to 150 lbs and we can put Libby in there as well..
View attachment 20996

But I like the look of this one lol

View attachment 20997

We have the blue one and it works great for both our pups. We also have a wagon with an umbrella but the dogs are afraid of it.

6328bfe6.jpg

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I love these.. My neighbors and friends already think we are nuts with dublin. We have this large red all terrain wagon that of course she hated when she was younger but tried her the other evening and she seemed to be fine with it. the problem is being laughed out of the neighborhood LOL...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.