cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm thinking of getting some kind of "vehicle" for Tate since he has that fractured toe in his hind paw. Has anyone put their bully in an umbrella stroller or in a wagon? Just wondered which one may be best for Tate. He's a hefty 67lbs right now so i need something that I can easily maneuver since i'll also have Finn w/me (walking on a leash).

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oh dear! I haven't had to go that route yet but I imagine I will eventually since BabyGirl has arthritis. I saw a pet gear jogger stroller for pets up to 70 lbs on amazon although I imagine you still have to pick him up to put him in it. Hope Tate gets well super quick. I broke my little toe after walking into a box when I was moving and it swelled up but other than that doc said nothing they can do but let it heal on its own. He also said lots of people break their little toes and don't even know it.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh dear! I haven't had to go that route yet but I imagine I will eventually since BabyGirl has arthritis. I saw a pet gear jogger stroller for pets up to 70 lbs on amazon although I imagine you still have to pick him up to put him in it. Hope Tate gets well super quick. I broke my little toe after walking into a box when I was moving and it swelled up but other than that doc said nothing they can do but let it heal on its own. He also said lots of people break their little toes and don't even know it.

I will look into that stroller, Maria.
I'm hoping Tate's foot will heal well and the doc said 4-6 wks so we shall see. In the meantime, I still want to take him to the park and around our new neighborhood so that's why i'm thinking of a wagon or stroller. We walked to the park last Friday before I knew he had a fracture and once we got there, he sat down and didn't want to walk back home. I even tried carrying him but only made it a few steps. He finally got up and slowly walked home, thank goodness.

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
you should check out the burley tail wagon, the famous butler blue has one. You could use it as a stroller or if your ride bikes you can attach it.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I would use a wagon. I haven't used one with Samson myself but I have known of other owners using them for their bullys. Poor Tate, hope he heals up quick!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Henny, I got this wagon for Emma and Wilson for the Furry Scurry we just attended. This Tate's case though I think a closed in dog stroller would be better (or a wagon that has higher sides). Don't get me wrong this one was great for what we needed it for but if you're not on flat ground Tate would tip it over. It manuvered wonderful though. I've seen those dog strollers that have netted sides but I think they're pricey, I can't recall.

1a13ff83.jpg

Thanks Becky. :) [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Since we found out about lexs acls and hip dysplasia we are gonna get him something like this...

I like this one cause it holds up to 150 lbs and we can put Libby in there as well..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337047722.149905.jpg

But I like the look of this one lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337047810.663339.jpg

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
I was looking to get a stroller, too. I wanted to walk in the evenings.. At the high school, Rollie hates any form of exercise!

Last edited:
OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], that is a cute yellow wagon! i was thinking of borrowing my nephew's old radio flyer red wagon but now that you mention the sides needing to be higher, i'm having 2nd thoughts. Those strollers are really cool , aren't they? i was looking at them on Amazon. They are quite pricey though. Maybe i'll take a look for a used one. Today we got Tate's bandage changed. I also took him on a short stroll around the block and he did pretty well. Can't do a lot of walking tho but at the same time, he needs to move too.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Since we found out about lexs acls and hip dysplasia we are gonna get him something like this...

I like this one cause it holds up to 150 lbs and we can put Libby in there as well..
View attachment 20996

But I like the look of this one lol

View attachment 20997

I have the top one and love it. Enough room for 2 bullies.

We tried a wagon, Abby just would never settle down with it. I am not sure if she didn't feel secure or if she didn't like being pulled behind us. She would constantly try to get out, stand up and then loose her footing. The stroller works perfect. Room to lay down if she wants to enjoy the ride and it is low enough for her to get in and out of.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Henny, I got this wagon for Emma and Wilson for the Furry Scurry we just attended. This Tate's case though I think a closed in dog stroller would be better (or a wagon that has higher sides). Don't get me wrong this one was great for what we needed it for but if you're not on flat ground Tate would tip it over. It manuvered wonderful though. I've seen those dog strollers that have netted sides but I think they're pricey, I can't recall.

1a13ff83.jpg

Thanks Becky. :) [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

Heads up on that cool wagon, we got [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] - the pin that holds the front handle to the axle has already rusted apart on mine. Ugh. I loaded her up with river rock for the garden bed and WHAM! The front wheel armature separates from the front axle. Keep yours out of the rain. I had mine in the rain exactly oh...THREE TIMES! I will be able to fix it with a galvanized bolt of some kind == but seriously eh?

[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] - a friend of mine had the blue one that [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] posted about. It worked fantastic for her big ol' Chow who had a hip injury. He loved it too. She had a giant SUV to put it in so she didn't have to fold it up all the way each time or drag it upstairs which helped on the convenience end of things. (She lives in a condo) As I recall, it was a styling ride!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Heads up on that cool wagon, we got @JeannieCO - the pin that holds the front handle to the axle has already rusted apart on mine. Ugh. I loaded her up with river rock for the garden bed and WHAM! The front wheel armature separates from the front axle. Keep yours out of the rain. I had mine in the rain exactly oh...THREE TIMES! I will be able to fix it with a galvanized bolt of some kind == but seriously eh?
I wouldn't be surprised since it was only $50 and I got it at Big Lots, lol. Mike's going to take the wheels apart and reweld them so they're wider. :up:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.