wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Part of Guinness's nose has become dry and brittle and actually started separating into small pieces and some of these pieces have broken off. Is this a normal thing? How do I fix this? It doesn't seem to bother him that I can I tried to attach pics and tapatalk isn't cooperating.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
this is normal if you don't keep something on the nose to keep them moist. Vaseline, snoot soother, something along that line. Jack won't allow me to ointment his nose so it gets dry and peals off. The rest of them allow me to do my thing.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes this is normal and don't be surprised when you do put something on it to soften it, some more of it will come off, it's just the dried dead tissue coming off.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Aquaphor works great!
I gotta get some of that.

The snout smoother drives them nuts. They cannot REST until they've removed it all. Ugh. Bea's little nose looks like an old scone; it's so cracked and dry.....poor baby.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
yeah jamesons is like that...he licks whatever i put on right off...it's that damn tongue...it's so long he constantly licks his nose

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes snout soother or aquaphor are the best I think but if you dont have either vaseline is better than nothing. Not nearly as good as the others but it helps.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
This happened to Tubs too and when I took him to the vet, for something else, she actually took all the loose stuff off and put something like snoot smoother on him. He really hasn't had an issue since. So I wouldn't worry about it too much, but you have some great suggestions here!!!! As always! :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.