Mom's Most Memorable Bully Moments

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
In celebration of Mother's Day, I thought we could share our most memorable moments with our bullies, past or present.

I have two that come to mind...

Aubrey loved to sleep with us at night. I am the type that when I am about to fall asleep or right after I fall asleep, the pillow always comes out from under my head. Aubrey always took advantage of this and scooted up so her upper body was laying on my pillow. One night I woke up with a dog leg right over my eyes! She had scooted up on my pillow and thrown her leg right over my eyes, sleeping good as can be. If it wasn't dark it would have been the best sleep mask, minus the itchy paw on the side of my face! :ROFL:

I took her to work with my at the assisted living where I work once a week. At first I didn't put her on a leash because she would follow me and come when I called. We have multiple buildings on site so our cook has to push the cart from building to building for meals. Well, one day I was in the office with the door cracked and our cook Mike rolled by with the cart and out the door. I didn't realize Aubrey was paying attention and next thing I know she is out the door and chasing him down the sidewalk full speed to get what's on that cart. Before I could catch her she'd snagged a whole orange from the bag he was delivering next door and was trotting back like "look, ma! I got a yummy!". :lol:

Mom's, share your favorite memories on this Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My favorite memory/experience with Nitschke was October 2005 when he and I were in the yard of our apartment complex running together, chasing each other and playing in the leaves. we did this for about half-hour or so... the weather wa perfect and we were having a blast. He at one point went around the back of the building since i could not see him and he was not coming to my calling him, I went running to get him well, luck would have it we met,,, t-bone style.... he crashed right into my knee head first and boy did I go flying. I ended up on crutches with a severe sprain in my ankle. My little man stayed with me and helped mommy heal ---

IMG_2035.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have a couple, like the time Jack stole $50 bucks off the kitchen table. 2 twenty's and a ten. I had to wait days to get 30-1/2 bucks back. :poo: That's one twenty, one half of a twenty and a ten dollar bill. :laugh:

My all time fave, is when Dolly woke me up, while sleeping in my bed, pushing a puppy out. We were at the vet every two days for a week getting tests to tell when we could c-section. all three test's said come back in 2 days. I argued with them and said this can't be! It's impossible!
The really apologized, after I delivered 11 puppies out of Dolly. But thankfully, everyone was healthy. They told me she was only going to have 5 puppies (going by the x-rays) . bahaha wrong again. Hence the ring of puppies. :luv:

disclaimer:

Don't try this at home

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
What a great idea [MENTION=3654]AubreysMom[/MENTION]

I've spoken with great reverence regarding my first bullie, Mabeline "Mable" Fabulash because of all we went through together and I credit her with carrying me during a period of time when I couldn't carry myself. This is the story of that epiphany.

I'd lost my brother and my beloved dad in rapid succession - one from Lou Gehrigs disease and the latter from leukemia. I was going thru an ugly divorce when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I'd had surgery and was going thru treatment -- and was isolating myself from the world. I didn't want to be seen as "sick" and I am just obnoxious enough that I refuse any help. "Terminally, defiantly independent" would be describe me. I felt awful so I didn't feel like eating or even doing the shopping required for such a thing, so me and Mable just laid on the couch, watching CSI reruns for days...and days...and days. It had been a good ten days by this time. I was eating pain pills and little else. I got up from that couch to go to the bathroom this one time and got so terribly dizzy that I had to grab onto the wall and even then I fell to my knees. Mable bolted upright on the couch, looking at me. The look on Mable's face was such....a combination of all consuming fear and worry...I can't even describe it to you adequately....but my heart broke looking at her. Look what I was doing to my poor girl, I thought. Mable sat right by my side there, on the floor and when I gained my composure - and the ability to stand upright -- I immediately went to the phone and called my mother to come help me. I didn't want to scare my sweet, sweet girl like that.

And what do you know? Some proper nutrition and I was quickly on the mend. Duh. ha ha

107_0783.jpg <== in happier times

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have a couple, like the time Jack stole $50 bucks off the kitchen table. 2 twenty's and a ten. I had to wait days to get 30-1/2 bucks back. :poo: That's one twenty, one half of a twenty and a ten dollar bill. :laugh:

OMG! LOL!! That reminds me. When I was a teenger we had a Jack Russell Terrier. One day my dad woke up to the dog sitting on the bed next to him, staring him down with a $100 bill sticking out of his mouth. The little booger had got his wallet off the table and had a money party in the living room before he decided to let my dad in on the fun.

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What a great idea @AubreysMom

I've spoken with great reverence regarding my first bullie, Mabeline "Mable" Fabulash because of all we went through together and I credit her with carrying me during a period of time when I couldn't carry myself. This is the story of that epiphany.

I'd lost my brother and my beloved dad in rapid succession - one from Lou Gehrigs disease and the latter from leukemia. I was going thru an ugly divorce when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I'd had surgery and was going thru treatment -- and was isolating myself from the world. I didn't want to be seen as "sick" and I am just obnoxious enough that I refuse any help. "Terminally, defiantly independent" would be describe me. I felt awful so I didn't feel like eating or even doing the shopping required for such a thing, so me and Mable just laid on the couch, watching CSI reruns for days...and days...and days. It had been a good ten days by this time. I was eating pain pills and little else. I got up from that couch to go to the bathroom this one time and got so terribly dizzy that I had to grab onto the wall and even then I fell to my knees. Mable bolted upright on the couch, looking at me. The look on Mable's face was such....a combination of all consuming fear and worry...I can't even describe it to you adequately....but my heart broke looking at her. Look what I was doing to my poor girl, I thought. Mable sat right by my side there, on the floor and when I gained my composure - and the ability to stand upright -- I immediately went to the phone and called my mother to come help me. I didn't want to scare my sweet, sweet girl like that.

And what do you know? Some proper nutrition and I was quickly on the mend. Duh. ha ha

View attachment 20967 <== in happier times

What a special pup Mable was. :hug2: Sometimes it takes the love of our babies to make us see straight and get better. There are also times when nothing can make you feel better except the unconditional love of a pup.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
[MENTION=3654]AubreysMom[/MENTION] what a great thread!

I got Schultz from a breeder in the Houston,TX area, did lots of research etc., etc... The day I picked him up things were a little shady...like the breeder I had spoken to numerous times wasn't at the address I was given, nor we're Schultz's parents or siblings....just a teenage girl with my little Schultz (who really didn't seem 10 weeks old) just a few red flags but I fell instantly in love and took him straight to the airport and flew home to Cleveland with my precious bullie.... That first night home little guy had the runs which I attributed to the stress of travel...still in the next 24 hours he grew more and more lethargic so I took him to the emergency pet hospital....he had ulcers in his mouth and throat and a super high fever.....they put him in isolation with supportive care because we didn't know what exactly was going on with him....breeder was unreachable for almost 3 days and when I finally did get a call back she wanted me to bring him back to Houston....like that made any sense....well 3 days/nights in isolation where my Schultz went from 5 lbs to 2.5 lbs the doc told me to say goodbye because he didn't think he'd make it through the night....I wanted to stay but they wouldn't let and I told him that I loved him but I totally understood if he was worn out from fighting and I would understand if he had to leave....next morning I called first thing and asked his status and was told if he continued to improve I could pick him up that night and bring him home because he was totally acting like a puppy.... He's my fierce miracle and I'll never know his true origins but he came to me to teach me a lessen about never giving up not even when things seem the bleakest....

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@AubreysMom what a great thread!

I got Schultz from a breeder in the Houston,TX area, did lots of research etc., etc... The day I picked him up things were a little shady...like the breeder I had spoken to numerous times wasn't at the address I was given, nor we're Schultz's parents or siblings....just a teenage girl with my little Schultz (who really didn't seem 10 weeks old) just a few red flags but I fell instantly in love and took him straight to the airport and flew home to Cleveland with my precious bullie.... That first night home little guy had the runs which I attributed to the stress of travel...still in the next 24 hours he grew more and more lethargic so I took him to the emergency pet hospital....he had ulcers in his mouth and throat and a super high fever.....they put him in isolation with supportive care because we didn't know what exactly was going on with him....breeder was unreachable for almost 3 days and when I finally did get a call back she wanted me to bring him back to Houston....like that made any sense....well 3 days/nights in isolation where my Schultz went from 5 lbs to 2.5 lbs the doc told me to say goodbye because he didn't think he'd make it through the night....I wanted to stay but they wouldn't let and I told him that I loved him but I totally understood if he was worn out from fighting and I would understand if he had to leave....next morning I called first thing and asked his status and was told if he continued to improve I could pick him up that night and bring him home because he was totally acting like a puppy.... He's my fierce miracle and I'll never know his true origins but he came to me to teach me a lessen about never giving up not even when things seem the bleakest....

Aww!! I am so glad that it turned out like it did. Stories like that make me glad we tried so hard with Aubrey. She was such a fighter. Her doctor said, "She was an amazing patient to care for and one I'll never forget for her strength, fight, and gracefulness during her illness". She was the favorite of all the people in the ICU. Every one knew Aubrey and she got tons of attention and I think that kept her spirit up. We fought as hard as we could with her, but, of course, it didn't end happy. Even though in her case our vet probably should have recommended to let go earlier because everything just went wrong over and over again, I am glad we fought for as long as we did now that I have somewhat made peace with it. We didn't give up for so long because she didn't give up. You just never really know until you try and I think I would have questioned myself a long time if we had given up early. So many people question spending so much on a dog, but they just don't understand. They're family, not just a pet.

Schultz is such a handsome boy! Give that miracle baby big hugs for me!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
What a great idea @AubreysMom

View attachment 20967 <== in happier times

What a beautiful story, and our Bully's are all ways there when we need them.!
I know i'm not allowed on here.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.