Hold it!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Baby T is going on 17 weeks now. How long should he be able to hold his "eliminations?" I know websites says one hour for every month of life however Linus and Bentley were both able to go comfortably 8 hours through the night at 16 weeks without an accident - if not more. This does not appear to be the case for Truman, who has yet to go through the night without an accident.

His last feeding is around 5:30-6 PM and I pick up water an hour before bed.

The hip stuff has inhibited his training a bit, since he wasn't able to walk for almost 10 days then underwent surgery, but now that things are looking up, I want start getting him to the point where he can rest for 8 or 9 hours without any potty. And so I can too. :)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Baby T!!! What's wrong with you, cutie pie? You should be going all night long without an accident! Orion was so easy to potty train. She's maybe only had 2 accidents in the house, both peeing. (not counting when she jumps up on my bed to PURPOSELY pee) Vegas use to have accidents all the time. I don't know tho. If you are able, maybe get him up in the middle of the night for a 2am peeing?

Last edited:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas has been a dream, he learned young to potty outside, the only problem I have had in his 14 months is when he was 10 months old and had a nasty ear infection that required steriods, and he peed all over the house. After the antibiotics and steroids where done he has never done this again (yea) I agree a middle of the night session might be in order for now, he will learn eventually. Do you put him in a crate at night? I always have Vegas, the few times I let him sleep with me he peed in my bed also, but NEVER in his crate, and he loves his crate so that is where he will stay.

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Yep, I crate him at night and during all naps and he will go pee pee in there too. I never have him in bed. Ever. (I am weird, I don't care to sleep with my animals in bed!)

I am puzzled because Bentley and Linus were very easy to train and extremely amenable to spending time in the crate and never soiled it unless they were sick. Truman is a different story.

I do not take him out in the middle of the night, mostly because I do not want him getting used to getting up in the middle of the night. And by the book, he is way too old for that kind of thing...or he's supposed to be.

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
You know I have the SAME problem with Faith. She's already going on 5 months && still has accidents during the night. :/ Chelios was pretty good by 5 months he never had accidents during the night. But with Faith when we wake up she leaves us wonderful gifts.. :/ I pick their bowls up around 8pm. Take them potty one last time around 10pm. Wake up to pee around 7am. && She still has accidents during the night. I'm wondering when they're able to hold it all night? Hmm..

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.