Question about towel at night?

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Quick question, do you guys think that it's wise to let Spunky sleep with a towel in her crate as 'bedding?' I'm concerned, I don't want her to chew a piece off and choke while I'm snoozing away!

Towel I'm talking about is a bath towel, the dry off kind.

Spunky and I at her graduation, it is that time of the year! Lol

4b200c64-2b48-ccb2.jpg

Don't Fight The Spunk!

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
I have given Kain a blanket since 10 weeks. No issue with the blanket or bed cushion. It's funny sometimes he pushes them up to lay directly on the plastic, he loves the blanket to raise his head while sleeping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
I would not worry. Sure it is possible that she will choke on a towel, but it is possible to choke on a regular crate liner as well. Anything is possible but we still live our lives. Usually puppies "shred" not swallow. Place some nylabones in the crate for her to channel that chewing :)

NOW THAT PHOTO omg she is sooooo cute! What a beaut.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Quick question, do you guys think that it's wise to let Spunky sleep with a towel in her crate as 'bedding?' I'm concerned, I don't want her to chew a piece off and choke while I'm snoozing away!

Towel I'm talking about is a bath towel, the dry off kind.

Spunky and I at her graduation, it is that time of the year! Lol

4b200c64-2b48-ccb2.jpg

Don't Fight The Spunk!
That is a GREAT pic! You need to enter that one in the June Father's Day photo contest. :up: A towels fine. That's what I used in both Wilson and Emma's nighttime crate when they were potty training. It was easier to wash.

Funny signature too, "Don't fight the Spunk: :ROFL:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
She looks cute in her grad photo. I would say it just depends on what she does with it. You may want to do a test run and check and see if she is misbehaving with the towel. LOL The only one that gets his blankie here is Tank...Sookie shreds and eats everything and Bre piddles on something if I leave it more than a day or two.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
That picture is fabulous! My dogs have had towels in their pens since day one and Mr. Wilson is the only one who's ever attempted to tear one but has never tried to eat one! They use to shred their beds when they were younger but they are all 3+ years old now and no longer destructive. (Knock on wood)

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
I used the towel with bubba when he was very young. He never tried to chew it. Love the pic! What a proud papa!

OP
GoGween

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Thanks for all the replies! We are giving her a test run and so far so good, she normally chews on anything she can get her teeth on but so far so good with the towel.

Thanks for all the pic comments, Spunky is so photogenic hahaha!

Don't Fight The Spunk!

OP
GoGween

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
And yep, thought I'd add a little POW with my sig, "Don't Fight The Spunk!"

Don't Fight The Spunk!

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Rook only has a towel (or two) in his crate. He prefers to sleep on hard surfaces, so he usually moves it around until he is on the plastic and rests his head on the towel. Never had a problem with him shredding or chewing a piece of the towel off.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Congrats to her on her graduation, she is a cutie. We put a towel in some of ours crates, but Lucy will chew one up. One time she chewed one and pooped towel for three days.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
what a great picture.... two very big smiles!

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Spunky is doing good with the towel!!! Thank you for convincing [MENTION=4194]GoGween[/MENTION] to let our baby girl sleep with one responsibly!!! ;)

She's so cute laying on her pink towel with her head on her favorite pink piggy :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
If there's a towel anywhere on or near the floor, Abby will pee on it lol

Glad you're not having such issues. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.