JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
She will be 10 months on the 19th of this month- late bloomer maybe? I hope I can talk Hubby into spaying her!
She is a late bloomer. I'm really hoping Emma has hers soon. Breeding EBs is very tough and risky from what I see here, epensive too. As much fun as it would be to have little EB pups, I sure wouldn't want to do it. Ellie has beautiful marking.

OP
mygirlsmomma

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
She is a late bloomer. I'm really hoping Emma has hers soon. Breeding EBs is very tough and risky from what I see here, epensive too. As much fun as it would be to have little EB pups, I sure wouldn't want to do it. Ellie has beautiful marking.

Thank you! I just helped my MIL breed one of her labs- Artifical like and it was QUITE the experience!!!! LOL!!!!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Thank you! I just helped my MIL breed one of her labs- Artifical like and it was QUITE the experience!!!! LOL!!!!!
Did she have a c-section? It's my understanding that all EBs have to. We have a breeding section here too. :up: I could imagine it was QUITE an experience. lol

OP
mygirlsmomma

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Did she have a c-section? It's my understanding that all EBs have to. We have a breeding section here too. :up: I could imagine it was QUITE an experience. lol

Let's see, I think only one of MIL's lab's have needed an emergency C-section. Our boxer did ok in labor and the Boston's did ok. But with any bully breed it's a possibility. And with Bulldogs c-sections are a must- I wouldn't chance it. But baby girl is still a baby for now so I will just enjoy and think of reasons to fix her:)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She looks cute in her "pants".... maybe the breeding article can help you convince hubby... Just click on the word breeding and it will take you to it :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Hubby wants to but like everything else it be MY responsibility to care for her and the pups so I don't want to. Luckily we have plenty of time before that time to research and get prepared. MIL breeds labs and has bred Boston Terriers as well, so she will be a huge help but it's so intimidating! And I know I won't want to get rid of any puppies!

Ahhh! One of THOSE hubbies, huh? I had a wife like that...LOL "Let's get piranha! Oh, feed them live fish? Um...you can do that part." NOT.

Be sure to tell hubby about the challenges of EB husbandry -- the ultra sounds, the vet visits and particularly the expense of a mandatory C-Section birth. That oughta fix him. :yes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.