The joys of a female dog:)

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
My darling Ellie (first puppy) is now in heat and I have had quite the experience with her and we are only a few days in. First off I tried putting a diaper on her (left over from youngest son) it worked well keeping house clean (if it could just stay on!) SO off to the store I went for little girl undies- I figured I could just get pads and put them in the underware. Well I get home and have to wrestle with darling girl and then I go about my business only to find that little Miss CRAPPED in the underware! LOL!!!! Not a fan I guess??

Well today is the first 80 degree day in Pac NW and I was out on the back porch with her and our boxer and a 2 bowls of ice water. I let her out, and took off the diaper she was wearing and she PEED in it!!!!! LOL!!!! Glad I had the diaper on her after all!!! I will be searching for actual doggie diapers to try them out as well- but for now as long as she doesn't move too much the diaper works!
P1020677.jpgP1020681.jpg

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I made Jordan go get Sookie fixed as soon as she hit that first heat. I told him I would not be chasing her around with a pad and certainly not following her with bleach and a mop!

I feel for you! She looks cute in her undies though :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
oh great. So that's what I have to look forward to huh? lol

She does look sweet in her little huggies tho :luv:

OP
mygirlsmomma

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
I have noticed that putting the diapers on backwards so the straps are on her back is easier that under the big ol' belly:)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Before we had our Chanel fixed we bought Pull Ups and just used kids pants over them! I didnt want to embarres her with diapers lol :) But really the pull ups worked great b/c they dont have sticky! Hope it goes well :) She is adorable :)

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I have noticed that putting the diapers on backwards so the straps are on her back is easier that under the big ol' belly:)

That's what worked best with Aubrey. She did fine her her diapers except for once. One day I came home from work and she had mushy :poo: in her diaper! Yuck! I took her outside and peeled it off, then had to bathe her to get all the stinky off. I actually took some of my underwear, cut the sides, and tied them on her to fit over her diaper so she would be stylin'. It also helped the diaper stay on sometimes when it was sliding.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Just as a side note... they worked so well with Aubrey that when she started having accidents again in the house, we put them on her and it worked great to re-potty train her. Took only one week and she was being a good girl once again.

A

Alaskasmom1

Also, Alaska peed all over when she came into her first heat cycle. Not sure why? After it was over she stopped with the crop circles in my carpet:nonono:

OP
mygirlsmomma

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Are you planning on breeding her?

Hubby wants to but like everything else it be MY responsibility to care for her and the pups so I don't want to. Luckily we have plenty of time before that time to research and get prepared. MIL breeds labs and has bred Boston Terriers as well, so she will be a huge help but it's so intimidating! And I know I won't want to get rid of any puppies!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Elli's a cutie! How old is she now. Emma is my first female in years and she'll be 6 months in a week, give or take. She hasn't gone into heat yet. When I wipe her occassionally after she's pottied she has a brownish color. Hoping she has her first heat soon though as she'll get spayed right after that.

Now about that diaper, love it, lol. :up: :lol:

OP
mygirlsmomma

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Elli's a cutie! How old is she now. Emma is my first female in years and she'll be 6 months in a week, give or take. She hasn't gone into heat yet. When I wipe her occassionally after she's pottied she has a brownish color. Hoping she has her first heat soon though as she'll get spayed right after that.

Now about that diaper, love it, lol. :up: :lol:

She will be 10 months on the 19th of this month- late bloomer maybe? I hope I can talk Hubby into spaying her!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.