Cooling vest needed!!!!

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
its getting hot in toronto already! well in my apartment anyways.... even going for walks earlier in the day I find gregory getting rather warm. I know some of you have cooling vests, which one do you guys like best? and where can I order it online that ships to canada?
He has a cool collar already but i think we need to step it up a bit.

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

Regarding the cooling pad....that looks really thin on their website. Could that be put zipped inside a dog bed?
Or do they have to be laying directly on the mat to get the cooling effect? It's easily over 100F here during the summer.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
@JeannieCO

Regarding the cooling pad....that looks really thin on their website. Could that be put zipped inside a dog bed?
Or do they have to be laying directly on the mat to get the cooling effect? It's easily over 100F here during the summer.
It is thin, about 1/4", give or take. It doesn't require any water either. There's some sort of hard gel like substance and when pressure it put on it it's just cool. It's amazing really! They lay directly on it. You could slip it in a dog bed too but I think it'll work better out. It took Wilson a couple of times to figure it out. I keep it in our bedroom at night. I also take it camping with us and will lay it on the floor of the truck and he'll lay on it there too when we're traveling. I need to get another one, just gotta wait for some $$, lol.

[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] alslo has one. I believe Finn tore hers though. Wilson nibbled on his and I just ducked taped it. :D

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I have the cooling vests and bandannas and HAD the cooling pad. Like [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] said, it was torn to shreds by Tate and Finn. I was so po'd too. :cursing:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
thanks! im going to have to see if anyone one else sells it they want 30$ to ship to canada!

Maybe we can order together and split the shipping costs. Maybe get a couple more torontonians too, like Katie, Renato and April.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
yes we do, we have two window ones. some times its still not enough.

Awww! Now that's HOT! (I would love it there, for the record) I've been to Gravenhurst, Ontario, btw. Gorgeous cottage country!

Here's to finding Gregory his own cooling everything for this summer. You are wise to invest in this with your weather there.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I don't have the cooling bandanas but I do have cooling pad and it was worth every penny! Wilson is on it all the time during the warmer months.

I was looking at a magazine I got in the mail that had the cooling mats. I am glad you commented that it is worth the money! I will definitely be getting it for Tubs now!!! Our weather has been crazy this year.....very warm winter, a quick little heat spike in early Spring, but (Knock on wood) it has been comfortable with the window open! This gives me time to prepare for the warmer months by getting him his cooling pad. I also have the cool collar, but I don't think that does all that much for him! In the winter he lays on the rug and in the Spring/Summer he lays on the laminate flooring, so I think the cooling pad would be great for him!!!!!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we drive back to PA and back to toronto at least every 3 months...we just drove to PA this weekend for a family wedding and used our cool collar that we won in the april auction!! it was awesome in the car since my beater doesnt have working AC. anyway, the point is that we can ship to my father in laws house and we can bring it back across the border, and i can then ship to you guys if you want to do something like that. i ALWAYS have packages to open when i get home :)

husband is going for memorial day, we'll be stopping by last week of june as well...

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
we drive back to PA and back to toronto at least every 3 months...we just drove to PA this weekend for a family wedding and used our cool collar that we won in the april auction!! it was awesome in the car since my beater doesnt have working AC. anyway, the point is that we can ship to my father in laws house and we can bring it back across the border, and i can then ship to you guys if you want to do something like that. i ALWAYS have packages to open when i get home :)

husband is going for memorial day, we'll be stopping by last week of june as well...

Is Memorial day on the 28th or is it the same day as our Victoria Day? [MENTION=2194]buffalobabie[/MENTION] - maybe it'll be easier this way. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.