Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh i forgot to mention just how awesome you are!!!

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
[MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] you are amazing!!! I admire you for considering this, my heart goes out to those bullies! I hope you get her, and good luck!

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Bless you, that is very nice of you to do such a thing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
OH what a beautiful sweet old face she has. I would not be able to resist if I was able to have another. Sure she's not potty trained but there's ways around that. You're experienced enough with bullies and you have all of us here. She deserves a year or two of a good life before she crosses to the Bridge. That's too bad that they'll have to spay her at that age but I do understand. I just love the old sole the old ones have. :luv:

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thanks for your kind words everybody. EBN really is the greatest place. :)
I'll let you guys know when I hear back from them on dates to make the trip to get her. The women at the shelter really are kind. They haven't met me and are placing their trust in purely my application and what they got back from my vet and my references.

I bumped up my other thread but there are still two six year old bullies there that need homes. Their adoption fee's are just around $200 (they all needed fixed and chipped) for these guys.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
She is a beautiful girl and it sounds like your mind is set. When is she coming home? :hug:

Yes! When is this precious angel girl coming home??? :heart:

I admire you greatly [MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] and every other person who takes on special needs furkids. Ya'll are one in a million.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh what a wonderful final life she will have. Warms my heart. She has such a precious old face. :luv: Hopefully the others get forever homes soon. :)

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I spoke to the shelter again today. They wanted to know how soon I could come get her. I told them next week and they are going to talk it over and decide if they want to adopt her out to me or if a rescue can come pull her from the shelter before I am able to get there. I told them I surely didn't want to stand in the way of her getting a great home if someone or a rescue was able to get there first. She is on hold either way because she needs to be spayed and have a vet health certification done.

Now we wait for a decision...

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Heard back from the shelter today. They said at this point no rescue is wanting to take Gertie (good for me but cruddy for her because she is stuck at a shelter). She said she will let me know by Sunday if she finds a rescue to take her or if we get to come get her.
I understand totally where they are coming from. A shelter's job is to get the dogs out to new homes/rescues as soon as possible so they can make more room for other animals. At the same time it's going to be a long rest of the week!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] i will be thinking good thoughts and sending good vibes that this will happen for you :pray:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I don't understand. Why would they prefer a rescue over a permanent placement?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Because I can't travel to Kansas to pick her up till Friday of next week. I think they want her on the route to a new home as soon as possible...hence the trying to get a rescue to pull her out before then. Sadly at a shelter it's gotta be all about the fastest turnover. Their website says they get something like 30-40 new animals everyday so I'm sure it's another shelter that is trying to accomadate tons of animals :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Has she even been spayed yet? If they get her pulled by a rescue they also don't have to do that first.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.