dog bed sizes?

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
I want to go ahead and order a dog bed for our future pup, but I want one that he can grow into that will last. I'm not so sure on what size to order. I have a large crate (36"x21") and I'm hoping the dog bed I get can fit in that perfectly.

Is that crate going to be big enough for an adult bulldog? Can those of you who use crates and/or dog beds (Im looking at the orthopedic rectangle kind), give me your dimensions?

Also, has anyone had any experience with the Cozy Cave dog bed? (drsfostersmith.com has some if you need to see what im referring to) It seems to have gotten great reviews, but not sure if a bully would like and unsure of the sizing on that as well.

Thanks a bunch.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have the 36" and it is the perfect size for a bully.... and we just have a crate pad in it for them which works well.

That cozy cave is cool, but I know neither of my two would be on/in it

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
While he's small I'd get a few of the donut ones! Very cheap and great for snuggling in! I found them at Walmart and CVS for like $7... It's amazing how long they squeeze those chunky butts in a small bed! :ROFL: they also seem to love the raised sides to lift their heads up! Now that he's bigger I still try and get the raised edges... I just got 2 great ones today at Costco. Great prices!!

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
I wish Herschel would use a bed! The only bed he seems to like is mine and if we are not in there, it's the floor or a blanket on the floor. He completely ignores the beds I got for him... and even the giant doggie pillow. He is very low maintenance. :ROFL:

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
I get Beefy's beds at Ross because I can get them pretty cheap. I toss them after a couple of months and get a new one.

daniel56

May 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
One of my friends had one of those beds for their dog, they really liked it.

Arcanine

Sep 21, 2016
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
no
I know there is a so-called standard for dog bed size: here is one for our buddies

Shoulder Height (Inches) Rectangle Oval Round
16 24" x 42" 24" x 42" 42"

It's just a guide, roughly. I prefer to buy one bigger for my dog, despite in cold days I should place some clothes in it to make sure he feels warm. So, like my self, I suggest to get two beds. It seems redundant, but we should not skimp on pet supplies, dog supplies in our case. I got them on crazysales, one big round, almost 50'', a small rectangle, 24''x24''. If you are to place the bed in crate, then buy a small one. You can record the measurement of your pup and then decide with size of bed to choose.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I want to go ahead and order a dog bed for our future pup, but I want one that he can grow into that will last. I'm not so sure on what size to order. I have a large crate (36"x21") and I'm hoping the dog bed I get can fit in that perfectly.

Is that crate going to be big enough for an adult bulldog? Can those of you who use crates and/or dog beds (Im looking at the orthopedic rectangle kind), give me your dimensions?

Also, has anyone had any experience with the Cozy Cave dog bed? (drsfostersmith.com has some if you need to see what im referring to) It seems to have gotten great reviews, but not sure if a bully would like and unsure of the sizing on that as well.

Thanks a bunch.

I ordered the largest I could find for Rosie and other Bulldogs I have had , when there small they fit but I fill it with either old sheets,blankets, towels as they are easier to launder then the bed , as they grow I just remove the excess bedding to keep it comfortable for them but I always leave one in for that eay laundering issue .

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Dozer has a king size bed and it's supposed to be mine. LOL He won't use doggy beds. I've bought a few, but he prefers the floor or my bed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.