Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two week training? Opinions please..

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Two week training? Opinions please..

@Vicaroo1000 , I tried this with Aldo today, took him about 10 min to relax, he didn't resist entirely because I had been doing similar exercises, but he still needs time to fully relax.. he is scared and dominant at the same time.. @desertskybulldogs if I ever get another bulldog puppy I know exactly where to go! I think Aldo missed out on socialization as a young pup because since he was a young baby he has always hated being on his back and very scared of new situations..

Eagerly and Nervously awaiting the homecoming of Bruno Cannoli

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Two week training? Opinions please..

Quote Originally Posted by acarabias View Post
    @Vicaroo1000 , I tried this with Aldo today, took him about 10 min to relax, he didn't resist entirely because I had been doing similar exercises, but he still needs time to fully relax.. he is scared and dominant at the same time..
    Keep at it. There was a woman in my first class with a little terrier mix who said, "I can't do that to Pookie. It's cruel." Well, the instructor told her in no uncertain terms how cruel it was NOT to do it and why it was beneficial to the dog/human relationship on a leadership level. Bea didn't like it either. Not one bit. She wiggled like an earthworm on a hot sidewalk for sure. Now, she loves it. Many dogs will actually ASK for this by pawing or etc.

By the way, Pookie dropped out of the class. He wouldn't stop barking at other dogs and his human caregiver had ZERO control over this wire haired maniac in spite of much one on one time with the instructors. I would guess Pookie never saw mom as a leader...not for a second. ha ha

Doing it correctly is important though. You don't want to injure the dog or yourself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads