Car seat for my Bully

swalesfcc

May 7, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hi I am a new member to this forum and I have a bulldog puppy named Bella that is 3 months old. We have a fifth wheel and we travel for two weeks every July. Our last bulldog loved to travel with us in our truck and was great for long distances. Our puppy seems to hate being in her crate while driving so I just bought a dog booster seat for her. Has anyone else used one for their bulldogs, and if so any reviews? I will try to post a picture of Bella sitting in her car seat, but I am new at this.....

Attachments

• 2012-05-09 16.39.54.jpg
    2012-05-09 16.39.54.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 725
  • bella.jpg
    bella.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 586

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh my she is so cute! I would play up "going for a ride" and take her on some short rides to get her accustomed to it. Your excitement in your voice should tell her it's fun! Never saw a booster before. Does she like that better?

OP
swalesfcc

swalesfcc

May 7, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I had never seen one before either, but I found it on Amazon. She LOVES it!!!! I took her for a ride just a few minutes ago and she is able to look out the window and then lay down when she is sleepy. I think this will be great when we travel this summer!!

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Bella is such a cutie! I've never heard of a booster seat for dogs, but it sounds like Bella approves! Can't wait to see pictures of her traveling with it!

OP
swalesfcc

swalesfcc

May 7, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Of course I had to take a picture for my husband to see her in her seat, so here it is!

Attachments

• 2012-05-10_10-19-47_294.jpg
    2012-05-10_10-19-47_294.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 750
OP
swalesfcc

swalesfcc

May 7, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Yes she has a harness on and is secured to the seat by that. In the picture you can not really see how she is secured. It clips on to the harness and gives her room to get up and turn around, sit or lay down. That is the main reason for the booster, so that she can be contained but not kept in her crate. She loves her crate at home, but in the car she hates it! She would get herself all worked up and then end up getting sick in it. Our first ride this morning, she was wonderful! Calm, curious and happy, and no getting sick in the car!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Very nice find! I did see them at Petsmart and had one for my maltese. Hope all goes well...BTW SHe is absolutley adorble

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Love it! I may try one also - happy riding Bella...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.... she is precious! LOVE her....

Welcome to the site

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Awww What a cutie! Glad that's working out! I keep telling my mom she needs one for her mini doxie. I can't take her anywhere because she won't sit still if she can't see out. She makes me crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online