Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long did it take for your baby to be fully potty trained?

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Question How long did it take for your baby to be fully potty trained?

Raven is now six and a half months. She is still having accidents, matter of fact the last week or so she has had some poo accidents in the crate which had stopped. Getting rather frustrated and hoping their is a light at the end of the tunnel soon. Bully poo/pee is a lot larger than a little yorkie. Matter of fact Bubble has been having some accidents as well becuase she sees Raven doing it .
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How long did it take for your baby to be fully potty trained?

while my Jake was a cinch to housebreak....I know lots of people have had a rough time. I do remember when Jake was about 6 months old, he had his first "accidents" in the house. It was only a couple of times and I just went back to watching him like a hawk...and that was it! Before that slide backwards, he was going to the oor at 10 weeks!

Bulldog Vet in Training LaurenA's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rook
    Likes (Received)

Rook is 8 months and I had thought we were fully potty trained but, last week he seemed to back track. There were a couple of incidents. When I brought home some new toys he was so excited to play with them, after about 15 minutes I told him it was time to go outside he instead ran over to one of his cushy beds and peed on it! He looked at me, like it's okay mom I took care of it so I'm just gonna keep playing now.
    It's definitely frustrating. We went back to potty training basics and so far so good. (fingers crossed!)

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

@LaurenA...Oh boy..rook and raven are kindred spirits. I got rid of the $50 dog bed because of that.
    @JAKEISGREAT... Can jake give raven a talking to for me please?
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

How big is the create? I posted something about this in the training section. Dogs won't go potty if there isn't room for them to lay down. If the create is too big and they have room to potty and move to another part of the create to lay down. If your create is too big you may continue to have this problem. I had a create with a divider where I could adjust the size of the create as Tubs got bigger! Tubs was trained pretty quickly. I hope this helps.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Maggie was a total pleasure to train.

Daddy was a nightmare. Didn't matter what we did .. he was just one happy little boy whether he was covered in the pee or the poop he'd just done in his crate or not. He's almost two now and I "think" we can say we are now there!!!

Linus has taken about 6 months to be totally accident free in the house, but he still does the very occasional pee in his crate ... luckily he has never pooped in the house or in his crate!!!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I still feel your pain!!

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Brutus is 11 months and its been about 2 months since no accidents! He was a pain to train! No in crate but he would pee! GOod Luck
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kain
    Likes (Received)

Kain is turning 6 months and I can count his accidents on one hand since 10 weeks old. 3 out of say 5 he was sick so wouldn't even blame him. Absolute pleasure to train.

He doesn't ask to go out but we have a regular routine he is used too that's for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I don't get the whole grate training idea. Usko had a tight schedule when he was a puppy and he was fully trained at the age of 6 months. He looked like he was fine at 5 months but then started having set back at night. It took about 2 weeks of getting up at night again and taking him out to do his business.

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

annie will be 2 in july and still doesnt think twice about peeing in the house,she has lazy bitch syndrome lol,as for poops she only poops every other day so no mistakes there ,they are all different i know ,i had 1 bulldog who was a dream to house break ,suppose im just unlucky with annie,karen

i only have had rocky(4months old) for 2 weeks and i am beginning to think it may take some time because 1. he does not like to go for walk to much but he is improving. 2. we can be out for 20 to 30 mins and does nothing as soon as he gets in he will pee or poo. We start puppy training courses tuesday so i am hoping we it will help. Sometimes i think he will never learn but i am going to give it time, also i hope when he does get neutered i hope it will help. Good luck with your bully

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads