How long did it take for your baby to be fully potty trained?

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Raven is now six and a half months. She is still having accidents, matter of fact the last week or so she has had some poo accidents in the crate which had stopped. Getting rather frustrated and hoping their is a light at the end of the tunnel soon. Bully poo/pee is a lot larger than a little yorkie. Matter of fact Bubble has been having some accidents as well becuase she sees Raven doing it :pray:.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:yes: while my Jake was a cinch to housebreak....I know lots of people have had a rough time. I do remember when Jake was about 6 months old, he had his first "accidents" in the house. It was only a couple of times and I just went back to watching him like a hawk...and that was it! Before that slide backwards, he was going to the oor at 10 weeks!

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Rook is 8 months and I had thought we were fully potty trained but, last week he seemed to back track. There were a couple of :poo: incidents. When I brought home some new toys he was so excited to play with them, after about 15 minutes I told him it was time to go outside he instead ran over to one of his cushy beds and peed on it! He looked at me, like it's okay mom I took care of it so I'm just gonna keep playing now. :bang:
It's definitely frustrating. We went back to potty training basics and so far so good. (fingers crossed!)

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
[MENTION=3735]LaurenA[/MENTION]...Oh boy..rook and raven are kindred spirits. I got rid of the $50 dog bed because of that.
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]... Can jake give raven a talking to for me please?

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
How big is the create? I posted something about this in the training section. Dogs won't go potty if there isn't room for them to lay down. If the create is too big and they have room to potty and move to another part of the create to lay down. If your create is too big you may continue to have this problem. I had a create with a divider where I could adjust the size of the create as Tubs got bigger! Tubs was trained pretty quickly. I hope this helps.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie was a total pleasure to train.

Daddy was a nightmare. Didn't matter what we did .. he was just one happy little boy whether he was covered in the pee or the poop he'd just done in his crate or not. He's almost two now and I "think" we can say we are now there!!!

Linus has taken about 6 months to be totally accident free in the house, but he still does the very occasional pee in his crate ... luckily he has never pooped in the house or in his crate!!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus is 11 months and its been about 2 months since no accidents! :bang: He was a pain to train! No :poo: in crate but he would pee! GOod Luck

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Kain is turning 6 months and I can count his accidents on one hand since 10 weeks old. 3 out of say 5 he was sick so wouldn't even blame him. Absolute pleasure to train.

He doesn't ask to go out but we have a regular routine he is used too that's for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I don't get the whole grate training idea. Usko had a tight schedule when he was a puppy and he was fully trained at the age of 6 months. He looked like he was fine at 5 months but then started having set back at night. It took about 2 weeks of getting up at night again and taking him out to do his business.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
annie will be 2 in july and still doesnt think twice about peeing in the house,she has lazy bitch syndrome lol,as for poops she only poops every other day so no mistakes there ,they are all different i know ,i had 1 bulldog who was a dream to house break ,suppose im just unlucky with annie,karen

fcamargo6thave

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
i only have had rocky(4months old) for 2 weeks and i am beginning to think it may take some time because 1. he does not like to go for walk to much but he is improving. 2. we can be out for 20 to 30 mins and does nothing as soon as he gets in he will pee or poo. We start puppy training courses tuesday so i am hoping we it will help. Sometimes i think he will never learn but i am going to give it time, also i hope when he does get neutered i hope it will help. Good luck with your bully

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
All 6 of my Bully boys have been easy to potty train because we have always had a pet door and an older dog (or cat) to show the youngster how to use it! I'm saying 2 to 3 weeks to train!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson was so easy, about 4 months old and fully potty trained, including his crate time when I'm at work. Emma (see my post) is much harder. She's 5.5 months old now and finally has gone 4 full days of not going in her crate. I ask alot of each of them as I work during the day and they're crated for 10 hours. It was hard but I shrunk her crate to a 2' x 2' area (she's in an xpen) and took away her crate pad so all she had a was a piddle pad. That was about 2 weeks ago. Lets just say she got a lot of rinse off baths. ;). Keep your patience and just keep plugging away. Emma hasn't pooped now for about 2 weeks. I give her PLENTY of time to go in the morning and one of us usually goes outside with her to make sure they all do before we leave.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.