Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long did it take for your baby to be fully potty trained?

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How long did it take for your baby to be fully potty trained?

All 6 of my Bully boys have been easy to potty train because we have always had a pet door and an older dog (or cat) to show the youngster how to use it! I'm saying 2 to 3 weeks to train!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

Tyson has been housebroke since about eight months. Now crate broke is a different story! He just now got the hang of that and he will be two in Dec......
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Wilson was so easy, about 4 months old and fully potty trained, including his crate time when I'm at work. Emma (see my post) is much harder. She's 5.5 months old now and finally has gone 4 full days of not going in her crate. I ask alot of each of them as I work during the day and they're crated for 10 hours. It was hard but I shrunk her crate to a 2' x 2' area (she's in an xpen) and took away her crate pad so all she had a was a piddle pad. That was about 2 weeks ago. Lets just say she got a lot of rinse off baths. . Keep your patience and just keep plugging away. Emma hasn't pooped now for about 2 weeks. I give her PLENTY of time to go in the morning and one of us usually goes outside with her to make sure they all do before we leave.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Maia
    Country
    Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ulysses
    Likes (Received)

Ulysses is almost 10 months now, and he still pees sometimes inside his crate, sometimes a little "just to mark" and sometimes a big pee. But he stopped having accidents (pee) inside the house about a month ago. He was doing it A LOT (specially on the sofa ) between February and March, but in April it suddenly stopped. He never ever pooped inside the house though. I think the first year is just normal for them to have accidents.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Puckingham
    Likes (Received)

Puck is peeing in his bed in the middle of the night. He does really good thru-out the day, but he will pee in is bed and lay right there in it like he doesnt even notice it. I really don't know what to do to break this habit. He is 7 months old now and is really good about telling us when he has to go, but he doesnt do anything to let us know that he has to go at night!! Should I just set my alarm to wake up at certain intervals to take him out?

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Otis is pretty good - he is officially four months old today - I also work during the day but I am very lucky in the fact that my Mom or sister stop in 1/2 through the day to let him out to pee and poop. At first he would pee in his crate between the time they left and I got home, now he has no more pee accidents in crate. We were taking him out at night but now he sleeps right on through....best of luck to you! Raven is absolutely gorgeous.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

She seems to be back sliding a bit these days. I take her out regularly when I am home, but sometimes she just does her thing. When I take her out she goes pee and will walk around then go back inside. A little later she poops. She is currently suffering from the weather is beautiful and there are lots of things I want to see, sniff and lick. Driving me batty . This weekend I cleaned tons of accidents in the house (lovely mother's day gift to me). She hadn't peed on the bed in forever and then this weekend she peed on my bed. So it's back to being in the crate at night. That instance I think was my son's fault. She was in the man cave with him, watching him play games and he brought her up to me. She was kind of fighting him to come up. If he had walked her I doubt she would have peed on the bed, but she could have woken me like she usually does, so that excuse kind of doesn't hold much water (no pun intended). She has been very good about that, if she is asleep on the bed and needs to pee she usually wakes me. A bit frustrated but I am going to keep going with her.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads