Rocky first Vet visit

fcamargo6thave

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
(here he is on the car ride to the vet)
car ride 3.jpg
he always has a sad face and everyone that sees him loves him but always think he is a boxer. He is an Olde English bulldogge, almost 4 months and vet checked him out and he is in very good health. He is currently weighing 26 lbs and today he received his rabies shot along with a series of vaccinations which he needed. So far he has been a very good puppy except when he gets excited because he has started to hump his bed. (Isnt he too young to start this but vet said some dogs will start at 3 months and by 6 months almost all of them are sexually mature. He doesnt bark and is very well behaved, but there are times when he goes crazy and picks something up and doesnt want to let go. So we signed him up for puppy classes so he can socialize with other puppies.

The doctor also said we must clean his ears twice a month because he gets alot of buildup in the ears and it will be beneficial in the long run. other than that everything is good so far.

this is him on the ride back looking really sad now lol
car ride.jpgcar ride 2.jpg

Can anyone in the north jersey area please direct us to a veterian who can neuter Rocky. We were given a quote and they said it would cost 579.00 but for some reason i feel this is a little expensive or am i wrong. Please let me know what you think I am more than willing to pay the 579.00 but we just want to make sure that this is an overpriced quote. well thanks

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
If you call 1-877-SPAY-NJ1 they can direct you to animal hospitals who offer low cost spay/neutering in your area. I know that People for Animals in Hillside does it but because they are a non-profit they aren't equipped for bulldogs. I don't know where in Jersey you are but there is an animal hospital in Fairfield who participates in the spayNJ program but I forget the name of it.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
@fcamargo6thave I just called for you. Again, not sure where in NJ you are but Abby's vet in Rutherford now participates in the program. I can vouch for them. They are WONDERFUL! The cost is based on weight but the prices range from $90-160.00.

You have to call spayNJ because they will need to send you a voucher to take with you.

Last edited:

xxPAKIxx

May 4, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
If you call 1-877-SPAY-NJ1 they can direct you to animal hospitals who offer low cost spay/neutering in your area. I know that People for Animals in Hillside does it but because they are a non-profit they aren't equipped for bulldogs. I don't know where in Jersey you are but there is an animal hospital in Fairfield who participates in the spayNJ program but I forget the name of it.

Nice info, but by any chance do you have the NYC hotline because I'm actually from Queens, NY and my EB Hank is 4months and is due in 2 months. Thanks for any info in advance. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336483688.830870.jpg

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Nice info, but by any chance do you have the NYC hotline because I'm actually from Queens, NY and my EB Hank is 4months and is due in 2 months. Thanks for any info in advance. View attachment 20726

Sorry, I'm in NJ and don't have any info on NY programs. But a quick Google search lead me to The Mayor's Alliance for NYC Animals. Love their slogan... Adopt a little New Yorker today :laugh: Anyway, they have a bunch of programs on the website. I LOVE that a lot of these places offer free spay/neuter for pitbulls.

Last edited:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
That's great that Rocky got a clean bill of health! I can tell he got vaccinations...in those last pics he looks like someone hurt his feelings! LOL Tank still pouts when he gets booster shots!

OP
fcamargo6thave

fcamargo6thave

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Twice thanks for the information and i also called the number you provided and the lady i spoke to will be sending me a voucher to the rutherford animal hospital. She said we would need a consultation with the vet and that the voucher will defintely help with the costs. Once again thanks and hopefully they take Bulldogs. BTW I am from Jersey city and u twice

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Rocky is beautiful! Try not to be annoyed with those ignorant people who think he's a Boxer! I still get people who ask me what kind of dog Mr. Wilson is cause he's so tall.

Mr. Wilson always has a sad face too! But he's not sad at all and he's not a bad dog, actually he's shy and a scared y-cat.

sadwilson.jpg

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Twice thanks for the information and i also called the number you provided and the lady i spoke to will be sending me a voucher to the rutherford animal hospital. She said we would need a consultation with the vet and that the voucher will defintely help with the costs. Once again thanks and hopefully they take Bulldogs. BTW I am from Jersey city and u twice

I'm in Belleville. My Abby goes to Rutherford Animal hospital and I'm telling you, they are phenomenal over there. Be prepared to lose Rocky when you walk in, people come out of all the exam rooms to see, hold and take pictures of new bulldog patients.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great info, Bev [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]

[MENTION=4797]fcamargo6thave[/MENTION] -- it is always great when they have an excellent vet visit -- isn't it!?

xxPAKIxx

May 4, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
Sorry, I'm in NJ and don't have any info on NY programs. But a quick Google search lead me to The Mayor's Alliance for NYC Animals. Love their slogan... Adopt a little New Yorker today :laugh: Anyway, they have a bunch of programs on the website. I LOVE that a lot of these places offer free spay/neuter for pitbulls.

Thanks for the info

OP
fcamargo6thave

fcamargo6thave

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] thanks so much for the number u gave me i have to wait until rocky is 6 months but we will go in to the vet when he 5 and half to see if he will be ready. I called the rutherford hospital and they told me that the surgery would be around $300 which is so much better than paying $580 but she said that since they work with spaynj the discount would be applied and if not we would be paying close to the first quote the first vet gave me. Thank you so much

OP
fcamargo6thave

fcamargo6thave

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Just got the fecal test results back rocky has giardia hopefully he recovers very soon. Its funny cause he seems fine

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online