Herschel has his appointment Friday

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Herschel will be going in to get a full check up, shots and neutered on Friday. I am once again using the AnimalAid Spay and Neuter Clinic in Tallahassee. They are a non-profit organization and a full-service veterinary clinic. They also help rescues and have dogs up for adoption. I have alway been pleased with them. If Herschel gains .8 lbs (which he should), the neutering will be $74... if he doesn't it's $64 (he is 49.2 lbs). The full year package with all the shots, checkups, heartworm test, worm test etc is $105.

I just want Herschel to be healthy and happy. :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
My best to Hershel on Friday. :heart: I believe that there's a certain annesthsia that should not be used for Bulldogs. I cannot remember what it's called but I'm sure others will chime on in. I'll tag a couple of peeps.

@JAKEISGREAT, @Davidh, @BruceP

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhh I know how worried you are. Isoflourane (sp) gas is what you want your vet to use. I would call ahead and ask how and what type of anesthetic your vet uses. My vet gave Jake a relaxant, like Valium first. This relaxes his trachea so they can put the tube in which handles the gas. Because of the type of anesthesia it is, when they wake up it's much quicker with less residual effects. Plus the gas is very important for their lungs. Asking questions will ease your mind and I know Herschel will do fine! :up:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We wish him luck on Friday. Does this place do many Bulldogs? Plus I would make certain they used Isoflurane as the anesthesia.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Best of luck on Friday.... positive thoughts to you and Herschel

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
We wish him luck on Friday. Does this place do many Bulldogs? Plus I would make certain they used Isoflurane as the anesthesia.

Talked to the vet and he said they do use the Iso and he talked yo me about bullies for quite a while. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Talked to the vet and he said they do use the Iso and he talked yo me about bullies for quite a while. I'm sure everything will be fine.

I'm glad you checked! That is a very nice price for the procedures being performed, I must say. I'm glad you have confidence in your vet. It's important because Herschell will know if you don't. :yes:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Tomorrow is the big day? Sounds like a great vet, especially what they do for the rescues, that is awesome!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Will be thinking of you and Hershel for tomorrow's vet visit! Prayers for a quick recovery!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.