Aubrey's chip in update

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
is there someone else we can write to in regards to it being ethical? If there is any question that there medical suggestions were based on financial gain and not in the best interest of her health ethics could be questioned. Im not sure you would see any impact financially, however you may help another family from going through this. There has to be some sort of risk assessment when doing repeated surgeries.

I only know the human side of medicine but their could be two pathways to write with an ethical complaint. There are peer reviews where other physicians review a case and determine if the doctor provided the best care. I would send a complaint to the Veterinarian Board (if there is one) where the board may review the case.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
is there someone else we can write to in regards to it being ethical? If there is any question that there medical suggestions were based on financial gain and not in the best interest of her health ethics could be questioned. Im not sure you would see any impact financially, however you may help another family from going through this. There has to be some sort of risk assessment when doing repeated surgeries.

Brilliant idea. Maximize it! Just complaining to them isn't enough. They'll just think, it's sour grapes. Reviewing the situation on an ethics basis is absolutely worthwhile.

Also, there's a little thing I do called "YELP". Here's a link to a review I made about a certain vet with regard to EBs: http://www.yelp.com/biz/hollywood-hill-animal-hospital-woodinville#hrid:UsPN6A0vw6Q6jebkoPgXvw/src:self
Conversely, here's one on our current vet: http://www.yelp.com/biz/animal-surgery-and-care-center-lynnwood#hrid:lYkhaLntGrC8LI2OM_TO-Q/src:self

Intelligently - not emotionally - sharing your experience helps others make appropriate decisions about their pet's care. Many folks have gone to Dr. Terry on my referral and I am always pleased by their comments. The good guys deserve all the patients they can handle.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] - absolutely great idea! I love Yelp and use it often for finding places. Very true that a well-written review can hold quite a bit of weight.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
WOW~ What else can I say but THANK YOU SO MUCH to those who have donated, we are almost half way there, and even if we don't even get another penny I know [MENTION=3654]AubreysMom[/MENTION] is sooooo thankful for all of your love and support bulldog community!

http://englishbulldognews.chipin.com/aubreys-surgeries

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I am very very very thankful!!! Words cannot express how blown away I am by the kindness of the EBN community. :

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I also want to say a big thank you to those of you who may not be members of EBN but are visitors that have chipped in to help. We appreciate all of your support as well!

Thank you ALL so much! We are completely blown away by the response and will be forever thankful and gracious for having the support of so many people. We look forward to returning the support by helping others in need in the bulldog community in the future. Not only are bullies a special breed of dog, but bully owners are a real special group of people.

:heart:

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online