Sebastian, Oliver, and Remy go in to see their fav vet for yearly shots...

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Just a little update on the boys. I know I've posted pictures, but haven't really posted what's going on in Bulldog Casa (they just let me live here, cuz I feed them :ROFL:)

Sebastian and Oliver need their yearly vacs and current rabies, heartworm testing done and Sebastian also needs to be microchipped, he's the only one who isn't. I'm thinking the reason the breeder didn't microchip when I picked him up was we didn't know how long he would live, but it's been a year and a half, and there is no slowing down or stopping him, so I'm getting him done. Remy needs his heartworm testing done and his rabies shot! Other than that, they are all good.

Remy's hair is starting to grow back on his neck where they shaved him last week, so he's not scratching at it anymore. He's so awesome about taking his meds every 12 hours. Just pop it into something yummy to eat, or I just put it on top of his dog food and he wolfs it down. He's now figured out he CAN jump onto the couch and not just when he's had a running start! So now Oliver and Sebastian have no safe place to go to get away from him biting their face folds.

Oliver actually surprised me the other night by jumping up on our bed all by himself, something he's never even tried to do. Remy and Sebastian do it with no problem, but Oliver has to get his 60 pounds of love moving to jump that high. He still follows me every where and wants to go in the car with me every chance he gets.

Sebastian is still the alpha male and he and Remy are showing a little toy aggression with each other, but I pin them down and make them stay there for a few minutes then I take the toy away. The top of the kennel has quite the collection of toys and a deer antler started up there. They don't get aggressive over food in bowls, but if I put the Kong treat wobbler down, it's game on after a couple of minutes. I think those two are the first ones to get neutered!! Oliver, is so mellow, I don't know if I'll get him neutered or not. He never gets in a fight with anyone and hardly even growls when Remy is picking and biting at him.

Ron is pleased that at least Remy splits his affection and time between us. Oliver and Sebastian are ALL Momma's boys!!! They do cuddle with my husband, but only if I'm not around or don't have a ton of text books near me. My favorite part of the day is when I come home and all three are at the top of the stairs waiting for me and doing the butt wiggles and Sebastian trying to "high five" me!!! I'm only gone all day twice a week though.

Halfway done with this quarter of school, then it's off to a busy summer. MacKenzie graduates, her open house, one of my sister's is coming from Florida for that week, we host a banquet at our house every summer for Ron's youth basketball teams, and I also take classes, I go to a couple of craft shows with one of my other sister's who is the crafter, and I just laze around the pool.

Well, that's it for now, I think I've caught everyone up and I have to go get dressed to take the little boys to see Dr. Bauer!!

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
now we're back... Remy 51#, Sebastian 41# and Oliver 63#. Oliver has a little bit of an ear infection going on that I didn't even know about so meds for that, all got rabies shot, blood drawn for heartworm test (negative), and their nails clipped. The boys had a blast loving on Dr. Bauer and blaming the mess they made in the exam room on Boo, clinic cat. They drooled water all over the floor from the bowl of water Dr. Bauer brought in for them (it was warm in the room) and nail clippings all over the floor!!! Picked up flea control (I think it's gonna be bad this year) and heart gard for Sebastian, the bigger boys are ordered and Sebastian finally got his microchip!!! All in all a good visit!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I love hearing the adventures, glad the vet visit went well. Hopefully not too serious on the ear infection. I cannot believe Oliver jumped up on your bed :eek:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I can't even imagine what it's like taking 3 to the vet at the same time. :crazy: I feel like I need a nap after just taking one little one. Zzzz

So glad the visits went well. Hope Oli's ear infection clears up quick.

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I love hearing the adventures, glad the vet visit went well. Hopefully not too serious on the ear infection. I cannot believe Oliver jumped up on your bed :eek:

me either!!! Of course he didn't do it last night!!! Remy and Sebastian, no problem, but Oliver thinks he's a prince and needs to be lifted (hoisted, hi-ball crane, whatever works) up in the bed. Now, he's laying next to me on the couch all dirty and wet from playing in the puppy pool and the woods and he sees nothing wrong with it. Thank goodness for leather furniture and sheets over it.

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I can't even imagine what it's like taking 3 to the vet at the same time. :crazy: I feel like I need a nap after just taking one little one. Zzzz

So glad the visits went well. Hope Oli's ear infection clears up quick.

Oh it's an adventure all right!!! They love going in there and they know the routine!!!
step 1, get lovin's from Teresa (receptionist)
step 2, step on scale and see how much they weigh
step 3, go in the exam room and get more lovin's from Dr. Bauer (even if she did sneak some in in the waiting room)
step 4,come out of the exam room and get cookies and MORE lovin's from Dr. Bauer before leaving

They are really well behaved so that makes it easy! I couldn't imagine doing it with dogs who pull, are scared and won't budge, or just into everything. I don't think Oliver's ear infection is too bad, because I never even knew that it bothered him, silly dog!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Just love it when they have a good vet visit and all is well.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
nothing better than a great vet visit!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.