I am sure she will outgrow it and is probably bored being home alone all day. I would suggest purchasing a baby gate or pet get, if you do not have one. Pick one area that is not large and doesn't have a lot so of things she can destroy, maybe a bath room or laundry room. Start leaving her in there with her bed, some durable toys and maybe a larger nylabone that is too big to swallow or get choked on. I agree that 9 hours is too long to keep kenneled without a break, so this will give her some room and yet limit her area to destroy. Once she proves she can behave, then give her some more room, like bath and hallway, etc...As an added discouragement toward chewing, I suggest wiping the baseboards, cabinets etc in the room with Apple Bitter. It taste bad and might help to break the habit.me
She may also have anxiety issues left alone and this may be her stress relief, or even getting back at you for leaving her.
You have been fortunate so far as that she hasn't chewed on something that could hurt her, like an electrical cord. Just remember, yelling or fussing after the the damage is done does not resolve anything. Its up to you make the required changes, that will make thing better for you both.
Love and patience (and food) are the requirement for a happy bully
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD