What toys do you use?

XxDuhItsPinkxX

Apr 30, 2012
Reading, Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
I have tried so many different toys with Brock.
I was curious what other people give theirs.

Usually he has his Spqueaker kong tennis ball bone or big tennis balls. they seem to last the longest and are his favorite. He just loves walking around the house letting everyone know he has his squeakers. He does like the giant rope toys too. And then I use a Kong Wobbler for treats or kibble and he seems to like it a little bit. His favorite toys are Kong Wubbas and Plush squeakers. Only the Wubbas have lasted though. And not very long. Takes him less than 24 hours to destroy his wubbas. But he LOVES them.

What do you guys give for toys?

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We have a couple Kong's that you put a treat inside. The favorite one seems to be a disc shape that holds a biscuit or other firm treat in the middle. They also enjoy the tug rope and any ball that someone is willing to throw around. When I say them I mean Tank and Sookie...lol...Bre will have no part in playing, she can't be disturbed from her nap. Her favorite toy is my car! :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Unfortunately, Daddy can rip a toy apart and EAT IT ..... :eek: .... in very little time!!! He has even been known to eat an entire deer antler in less than a day!!

So, despite what all the other dogs would love to play with, everything has to be Daddy-proof and the best for that has been the nylabones. There are some nylabones that he has actually managed to eat, but this one seems to be the best so far!!!

nylaboneorange.jpg

OP
XxDuhItsPinkxX

XxDuhItsPinkxX

Apr 30, 2012
Reading, Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
We have a couple Kong's that you put a treat inside. The favorite one seems to be a disc shape that holds a biscuit or other firm treat in the middle. They also enjoy the tug rope and any ball that someone is willing to throw around. When I say them I mean Tank and Sookie...lol...Bre will have no part in playing, she can't be disturbed from her nap. Her favorite toy is my car! :)

Im going to try and get him the Kong disc toy then and see how that goes. He likes toys that give him food, haha.
I am tired of buying the wubbas ( but he just loves them so much ). I have given him a football and he destroyed it and loved every minute. Haha.

OP
XxDuhItsPinkxX

XxDuhItsPinkxX

Apr 30, 2012
Reading, Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
Unfortunately, Daddy can rip a toy apart and EAT IT ..... :eek: .... in very little time!!! He has even been known to eat an entire deer antler in less than a day!!

So, despite what all the other dogs would love to play with, everything has to be Daddy-proof and the best for that has been the nylabones. There are some nylabones that he has actually managed to eat, but this one seems to be the best so far!!!

nylaboneorange.jpg

I was thinking about buying some of those for him. I dont know how much he would like them though. If it doesnt squeak, bounce, or give him food he ignores it. Lol. But he is the same way with anything plush. Takes him a few days to finally chew up his tennis toys. How do they like the Nylabones?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
All my bullies will gnaw away at the nylabones for hours!!! [MENTION=4801]XxDuhItsPinkxX[/MENTION]

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Yep. Use nylabones also. Another thing I do every few weeks iOS get the marrow or soup bones (the larger ones) at the grocery store. You may have to ask the meat guy. I I bake them in oven for about 375 for about 20 min. After cooled a little I scoop out the
Arrow and throw it out. It gives mine the runs. But those little pieces of meat on the outside and drippings on the inside keeps them occupied for hours the first day. Then each day they go back to them. Don't cook them any longer because the bones and dry out and crack. Otherwise, mine can't break them even as much as they try. I dunno. Works for me.

OP
XxDuhItsPinkxX

XxDuhItsPinkxX

Apr 30, 2012
Reading, Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
[MENTION=2308]bubbaisapig[/MENTION] Thank you. I will give this a try and see how it goes. I worry he might get runny though :c so I am going to scoop out the marrow too. Don't want to upset his tummy c: and that would probably keep him occupied forever. He is such a table surfer, so getting a treat like that will make his day.

Thank you everyone. I am going to buy him a couple nylabones this weekend and see how he likes them since I was told never to give rawhides or pig ears etc. He might like this.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
mines doesn't like nylabones but he loves elk antlers. He also has his three favorite squeaky toys: piggy, birdie and bear. They are made of some kind of rubber but he loves chewing on them and playing with them. We use these to play fetch everyday. They are pretty sturdy with his powerful jaw putting them to the test everyday

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0439.jpg

OP
XxDuhItsPinkxX

XxDuhItsPinkxX

Apr 30, 2012
Reading, Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
[MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION]. Omgosh. I have to buy those for him. Because the squeak and are probably annoying -- which means he will love them even more :3 Can you buy those at petsmart?

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
@Watson. Omgosh. I have to buy those for him. Because the squeak and are probably annoying -- which means he will love them even more :3 Can you buy those at petsmart?

I am not sure where you can buy them. They have the akc brand on them. I bought them at Big lots for $3 a piece.

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
The only toy I have that others haven't mentioned..besides the jolly egg...is egg babies. I can't attest to how durable it is or if my dog actually likes it or not though...we bought some toys ahead of time LOL. My REAL kids LOVE it though, so I might have to order some more for them AND the dog. haha

Its a plush animal toy with removable squeaking eggs inside. They're adorable :D The dog is supposed to try and get the eggs out of the animals belly. They have a few to choose from..we got the platypus.
I dont know where they are in store, but I think I got ours from jefferspet and it was only around $6 and when the box came they had given us two extra squeaking eggs (the eggs are plush also).

Spurgeon

May 3, 2012
Middleburg FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rev. Charles Hadden Spurgeon currently, and 3 others before, Lord Chesterfield, Evie, and Dooda
Spurgeon absolutely LOVES to play with a rope!
I take about 4' of 1/4" diameter parachute chord (Home Depot) and keep folding it in half over itself until its about 12" long or so... Then I tie it in a simple overhand knot. He loves to chew on it and untie it. Then he does it again and again. He unties it in a day or two, even though I tie the knot tight. It's a project for him, and he doesn't get it into pieces, choke on it, or intake anything like other toys that break up. We play tug-o-war with it and fetch it too. I let him win without giving in too easy. Bulls love a challenge, and this is by far, one of the smartest I've seen, ever, even after raising three others. I think the rope (chord) is more complex that his nylabone and it makes him think. Of course, I'll never know until I teach him to talk. ;0]

Attachments

• Rev's_Toys.jpg
    Rev's_Toys.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
our backyard is full of kiddie bouncy balls (the big ones run around $2-3) from the bins at walmart.... they are too big for him to chew but he loves tearing around the chasing them

here he is starting out with one of the smaller ones

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.