Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What toys do you use?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Little Abby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What toys do you use?

The only toy I have that others haven't mentioned..besides the jolly egg...is egg babies. I can't attest to how durable it is or if my dog actually likes it or not though...we bought some toys ahead of time LOL. My REAL kids LOVE it though, so I might have to order some more for them AND the dog. haha

Its a plush animal toy with removable squeaking eggs inside. They're adorable The dog is supposed to try and get the eggs out of the animals belly. They have a few to choose from..we got the platypus.
    I dont know where they are in store, but I think I got ours from jefferspet and it was only around $6 and when the box came they had given us two extra squeaking eggs (the eggs are plush also).

Real Name
    AKC Reg: Rev. Charles Hadden Spurgeon
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rev. Charles Hadden Spurgeon currently, and 3 others before, Lord Chesterfield, Evie, and Dooda
    Likes (Received)

Spurgeon absolutely LOVES to play with a rope!
    I take about 4' of 1/4" diameter parachute chord (Home Depot) and keep folding it in half over itself until its about 12" long or so... Then I tie it in a simple overhand knot. He loves to chew on it and untie it. Then he does it again and again. He unties it in a day or two, even though I tie the knot tight. It's a project for him, and he doesn't get it into pieces, choke on it, or intake anything like other toys that break up. We play tug-o-war with it and fetch it too. I let him win without giving in too easy. Bulls love a challenge, and this is by far, one of the smartest I've seen, ever, even after raising three others. I think the rope (chord) is more complex that his nylabone and it makes him think. Of course, I'll never know until I teach him to talk. ;0]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -revs_toys-jpg  
    Last edited by Spurgeon; 05-04-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    From the narrow path,

Len Qualls

One Over 99 Ministry
    Luke 15:7
    @OneOver99

Notice: Due to the nature of my ministry striving to glorify Christ Jesus, as well as maintaining integrity, transparency, and accountability in my marriage, all correspondences with members of the opposite sex are shared with my wife.
    This is the best ever Far Side Cartoon by Gary Larsen imho.

I live with 2 porkers!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

our backyard is full of kiddie bouncy balls (the big ones run around $2-3) from the bins at walmart.... they are too big for him to chew but he loves tearing around the chasing them

here he is starting out with one of the smaller ones
    Last edited by thesspa; 05-04-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Real Name
    AKC Reg: Rev. Charles Hadden Spurgeon
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rev. Charles Hadden Spurgeon currently, and 3 others before, Lord Chesterfield, Evie, and Dooda
    Likes (Received)

I wanted to post this picture of the three favorite rope toys Spurgeon loves.
    Note: Two are my creation. The store bought ball -n- rope was purchased at Petsmart.
    PS- If I see my PVC-Rope Toy invention in a pet store, I will hunt you down, whoever you are! I better get royalties at the very least. :0]
    Use 3/4" PVC with 1/2" rope ran through and tied at each end. The PVC is nearly indestructible. Downside - He will whip it around and hit you with it on the foot or leg, and even his own head. That's gotta hurt, but then again, not much hurts these rugged bullies.-revs_toys-jpg
    Last edited by Spurgeon; 05-04-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    From the narrow path,

Len Qualls

One Over 99 Ministry
    Luke 15:7
    @OneOver99

Notice: Due to the nature of my ministry striving to glorify Christ Jesus, as well as maintaining integrity, transparency, and accountability in my marriage, all correspondences with members of the opposite sex are shared with my wife.
    This is the best ever Far Side Cartoon by Gary Larsen imho.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

deer antlers... kong w/peanut butter and empty water bottles are among the favorites
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

rocky loves cat toys everytime we go to the pet store he goes to the cat toy section but we know we cant get him non of that but i usually end up getting him a kong toy

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Yes...the favorite here BAR NONE is the cheap, flimsy water bottle. That crackly noise makes em go nuts. I take off the label and cut off the cap's ring on the bottle BEFORE giving it to the pups though. And, because the plastic can be broken and ingested -- with some effort --- when the bottle gets too chewed up, it goes into recycling. They're a "one shot" kind of toy here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads