Dirty phase??? WTH

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ellie will be 10 months on the 18th of this month and she has begun having accidents just about every day. Now I stay home at the moment and am usually home. I only leave the house for a few hours a day (take kids to school and do some running around.) Not quite sure what to do differently- I'm constantly watching her but just as I think all is well..... I find an accident. Is this normal???? Any suggestions would be great. I think we will be done having my cuddle bug in bed for the time being.... :(

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I dont know about normal. Is Ellie crate trained? That seems to help some a lot. When Matilda would have "accidents" she would go into time out.

OP
mygirlsmomma

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
We got her when she was 12 weeks and they were working with her, and then we began crate training with a very small crate (she has kind of out grown it) but then I was laid off shortly after so I have just been working with her. I watch her like a hawk so this surprises me. I think I need to put her back in a smaller kennel.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Ellie is adorable, by the way. :heart:

Yeah...just back up a few steps in the potty training and carry on as usual. If you're home with her and she's having accidents, you're not watching her closely enough. :smoochwink: Get out the leash and tie her to your leg if you must and stay on a strict schedule for eat/potty/play/potty/sleep/potty - just like when she was a wee lass. She'll be back on track in no time!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
You know my female Karly will not go potty outside - she's a little diva and must go indoors on soft things like rugs pads or towels even. I just usually lay something down for her to use it on because she'll usually go in doorways but I do put them out and only Nigel will go take care of business. She'll walk around but won't go until she's back indoors. Good luck!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Is there any possibility that she's got a UTI or something that would cause her to piddle without the ability to control it? Or is it a poo accident?

Good luck with her, she's adorable!

OP
mygirlsmomma

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Is there any possibility that she's got a UTI or something that would cause her to piddle without the ability to control it? Or is it a poo accident?

Good luck with her, she's adorable!

It's #2 only. And she has gone in her kennel too.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh...I see. Well...in that case I agree with the others. Just start the potty training routine over again. She will get it. :)

I

ImAGuinneyPig

She's hitting adolescence....or I like to call it their version of the Terrible Twos.

Guinness backslid a bit around that age. Had some accidents in the house, and did some naughty things that she didn't usually do. She outgrew it quickly enough.

Like others said, I would take a step back with the house training.

Good luck! :D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I too was going to suggest a UTI until you said it was #2s only!!

Unfortunately, it does sometimes feel as if you are taking two steps forward and one step back!!!

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
How often does she get let outside? DO you have a schedule? I'd make sure when she first gets up, after meals, and another time during the day, at the very least, and before bed too. And keep it consistent. Our guy is awesome in that regard and was crate trained. We have a schedule but the few times he's needed more than that, he will whine to go out.

OP
mygirlsmomma

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
How often does she get let outside? DO you have a schedule? I'd make sure when she first gets up, after meals, and another time during the day, at the very least, and before bed too. And keep it consistent. Our guy is awesome in that regard and was crate trained. We have a schedule but the few times he's needed more than that, he will whine to go out.

I let her out more times than I can count! LOL! I let her out after eating, playing, and any time I see her at the door. I let her out at least once an hour. The problem has been when I am not at home and she is in her kennel. I ended up putting a partition in her kennel to make it smaller and she has been fine. I thought I was being punished for a few days there! But she is doing just fine.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.